Retevis H777 Walkies & RT97 Repeater

Guest AKOVER33

Guest AKOVER33

Hello everyone, let me tell you about my situation... I AM A NOOB when it cames to walkies and repeaters.

I was recommended to get H777 walkies and the RT97 Repeater. The issue is I cannot find a step by step process that breaks down how to expand the frequencies on these walkies and how to connect the walkies to the repeater.

Retevis sent me some steps but I get into opening the app and then when I go to Read Radio with the radio connected to the computer with power on and this error message pops up "Can't read radio".

I run a 400k sqft warehouse which is slowly filling up with product. I would like to expand the frequencies and connect to the repeater so when we get full I am ahead of the issue.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

4 hours ago, Guest AKOVER33 said:

I was recommended to get H777 walkies and the RT97 Repeater. The issue is I cannot find a step by step process that breaks down how to expand the frequencies on these walkies and how to connect the walkies to the repeater

You should ask the guy that recommended them to you.

These appear to be FRS radios and as such should not be able to use a repeater per FCC. That said they do seem to be programmable via Chirp and according to the inter webs are the same as a Baofeng BF888 and use the same Chirp programming. A little research and there seems to be some question as to part acceptance??? 16 channels only, so less than a standard bubble pack yet you can program them, so more than your standard bubble pack. If you’re to follow the rules I can certainly see an issue using these with a repeater even if they do such a thing. 
This person that recommended this setup, did they sell the radios and repeater to you?