Jim

WRZT411

Question

Hello All

I'm new to radio but recently purchased a pair of Baofeng uv-5g plus radios.  Used the Radioddity/Baofeng software - Chirp doesn't recognize the radio - to program the repeaters.  In channel mode, correct freqs show up when I switch to VFO mode.  However, when I change channels and check the freqs, they don't match the freqs of the new channel.  Any thoughts or is this a non issue?  Thx, Jim.

6 answers to this question

My thought is user-error.

Channel mode and VFO mode are independent - one does not reflect the other.  The best way to check the frequencies in channel mode is to change your display setting to show the frequencies (instead of name or channel) - when checking this way is the frequency correct?

User error?  Say it ain't so! 😂.

Yep, changing to freq display shows the correct rec/trans frequencies. I was confused as to why changing the channel didn't reflect the correct r/t frequencies.  Thx for the speedy response. And, I really appreciate your videos.  They have really helped me get up to speed.

5 hours ago, WRZT411 said:

WRVQ464-

Chirp doesn't work with either the Baofeng or Radioddity UV-5G.  I keep getting an error.  Maybe I need to downgrade to an older version.

My anecdotal understanding of posts on this forum is that chirp works fine with the Baofeng uv5g and the Radioddity uv5g, but not with the uv5g plus

Thanks Steve.  That would explain it then. I've used an older version of Chirp on uv-5r series radios with no issues.  Guess I'll wait for Chirp to catch up.  No idea what the difference is between the 5g and the plus.  Until then, the Radioddity software works fine.