MOHANTON UHY-01.

Looks like I’d rather have a uv5.   No support.  No way they are putting out 10w the antenna looks like it’s going to break any second.   I would imagine software is hard to find if not impossible.   Not something I would get into especially for $60.   

2 hours ago, WSAA635 said:

I know it's listed as HAM band/70cm but I wonder if it can be unlocked to be used as a GMRS radio.

Frankly, I think it would be a pretty expensive roll of the dice. Like you said, there is very little I could find about this radio, other than Amazon reviews and an Ebay presence. There are FCC reports for it, but they don't tell you if it can be unlocked. I don't see it listed on CHIRP, but apparently there is software available from the manufacturer. It looks nice, but it apparently does one thing, FM 70 cm amateur. You can always buy it on Amazon, test it and post your findings, and return it if you don't like it.

7 hours ago, WSAA635 said:

Does anyone know anything about these radios? I checked the YouTubes but found nothing.

I would steer clear and not even try it, knowing that you can return it to Amazon.

I didn't look at the radio you mentioned at all. I just went straight to the reviews. Of note: (1) Every review was on the plus side.  (b) Only one review was from a licensed HAM operator. (iii) EVERY REVIEWER RECEIVED THE PRODUCT FOR FREE, IN RETURN FOR THEIR "REVIEW". 

But, if you're still looking at it, they have a "9 Watt" GMRS HT.... Again, all reviews are from Amazons Vine Free Product Review incentive.

MOHANTON UHG-01 Versatile GMRS Two Way Radio,Heavy Duty Walkie Talkie with 9W High Power and 5 Miles Line of Sight Walkie Talkie.(2-Packs) https://a.co/d/1anpf1Z

Good luck. I'm new to all of this radio stuff too. But I'm old in mind and body🙃