Which adapter fits the antenna mounting point for the Wouxun KG-Q10G??

WRNZ515

Question

I own a Wouxun KG-Q10G.  Among other things I want to have it with me in my car as a backup GMRS, and I want to be able to connect it to my roof antenna's coax (with the standard UHF connector on the end of the coax) so that I can get more effective range.  Thinking it would fit onto the antenna mounting point of my KG-Q10G, I purchased a "UHF female SO-239 to SMA Female adapter" to connect the Wouxun to the coax for my magnetic mount roof antenna.  Seems simple enough.  So, I unscrewed the factory antenna off the Wouxun only to find out the hard way that---of course---the adapter I bought does not fit into the Wouxun!  What the heck!  I'm an old Army vet, so I came from a world where everything fits/everything is made to be compatable.  And I suppose the last thing the Wouxun manufacturers wanted to do was to make life at all simple by simply including in their operator manual any reference to the name/nomenclature/model of the kind of antenna socket they chose for that radio.   So folks, the obvious question is:  what stinkin' plug fits into/will screw into the Wouxun KG-Q10G antenna hole?  Thanks for your help.  

Which adapter fits the antenna mounting point for the Wouxun KG-Q10G??  

8 answers to this question

Someone else did this recently. The whole socket unscrewed instead of between the antenna and the socket. The socket has a very coarse thread compared to the SMA machine thread. Most likely you've done the same thing. Try to separate the antenna and the socket and then screw the socket back into the radio. Hopefully you haven't damaged anything.

7 minutes ago, WRXB215 said:

Someone else did this recently. The whole socket unscrewed instead of between the antenna and the socket. The socket has a very coarse thread compared to the SMA machine thread. Most likely you've done the same thing. Try to separate the antenna and the socket and then screw the socket back into the radio. Hopefully you haven't damaged anything.

I had to go look. So many things about his question sounded like the other thread.  I discovered that it’s the same guy.  He posted this question Sunday and in the same sub forum he posted the same question Monday.  The Monday post got all the love, but the Sunday post didn’t show upon my device until wryc373 commented. Strange.

From what I understand, the antenna is glued onto the connector, supposedly the manual states that removing it invalidates the warranty. The radio transmits digital data like GPS, text, etc. But obviously, others have done so with good results. Apparently the connector on the antenna is SMA female, in this video, the guy has a KGQ10G and it sports a ABREE foldable antenna. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18PttBD4HUk&t=334s

3 hours ago, Sshannon said:

I don’t think they intended to. The first post didn’t appear when I looked for unread posts until yesterday, even though it was posted Sunday. 

I noticed the same thing with this thread. Almost like the site posted it twice or had a huge lag in the first posting that came after the second post. The Sunday post wasn’t there before the Monday post.🤷‍♂️