Interference on 462.5325 MHZ Oakland Co Michigan

Guest SignallyCurious

Well then it wasn't DMR after all.

The FCC database shows Delta Com is licensed for 462.53125, which is a standard frequency. The location shown is in Southfield, another is in Novi. NX48 is the very narrow mode of NXDN. This was the result of doing a search on digitalfrequencysearch.com under NXDN. Then looked up the license on the FCC's ULS license database.

https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/licenseLocDetail.jsp?licKey=1925372&keyLoc=15068559

The building in Southfield I think is the huge gold coated glass building near Evergreen and 10 Mile in Southfield. Right across the expressway from Lawrence Technological University, LTU, and down the street from Channel 7 TV.

The signal might be a strong reflection off the water tower by the AAM plant in Royal Oak.

I can't monitor an NXDN trunked system using my Kenwood NXDN radios. The firmware will refuse to open the audio on the radio. It detects the packets are coming from a trunked system and as a security measure won't produce audio unless the radio is registered on the system. Entering the frequencies as simplex won't work either. I've been told that Icom NXDN radios would likely work, they don't have that quirk builtin to their firmware, however I can't confirm that.

NXDN Standards.zip

9 minutes ago, Lscott said:

Well then it wasn't DMR after all.

The FCC database shows Delta Com is licensed for 462.53125, which is a standard frequency. The location shown is in Southfield, another is in Novi. NX48 is the very narrow mode of NXDN. This was the result of doing a search on digitalfrequencysearch.com under NXDN. Then looked up the license on the FCC's ULS license database.

https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/licenseLocDetail.jsp?licKey=1925372&keyLoc=15068559

The building in Southfield I think is the huge gold coated glass building near Evergreen and 10 Mile in Southfield. Right across the expressway from Lawrence Technological University, LTU, and down the street from Channel 7 TV.

The signal might be a strong reflection off the water tower by the AAM plant in Royal Oak.

I can't monitor an NXDN trunked system using my Kenwood NXDN radios. The firmware will refuse to open the audio on the radio. It detects the packets are coming from a trunked system and as a security measure won't produce audio unless the radio is registered on the system. Entering the frequencies as simplex won't work either. I've been told that Icom NXDN radios would likely work, they don't have that quirk builtin to their firmware, however I can't confirm that.

NXDN Standards.zip 6.23 MB · 0 downloads

at this point my focus is gathering calls and extrapolating who it is, which will lead us to the result. I understand what you’re saying in theory, but it doesn’t add up to the real world results. 

I looked up the address. Surprise, It's not where I thought it was. The address listed in the FCC's database shows its across the street from the golf course on Evergreen. It's looks like it's almost across the street from the Southfield City offices, library, court house and jail on the east side. They just recently built a couple of round-abouts there I believe.

1 minute ago, Lscott said:

I looked up the address. Surprise, It's not where I thought it was. The address listed in the FCC's database shows its across the street from the golf course on Evergreen. It's looks like it's almost across the street from the Southfield City offices, library, court house and jail on the east side. They just recently built a couple of round-abouts there I believe.

Yes, that is too far away. You lose signal completely by 13 and greenfield

3 minutes ago, SignallyCurious2 said:

at this point my focus is gathering calls and extrapolating who it is, which will lead us to the result. I understand what you’re saying in theory, but it doesn’t add up to the real world results. 

Stranger things have happened.

Had a thought. If it's a trunking system then there is an input and output frequency. You should see at least two pips on the spectrum display during each transmission. The lower power signal is likely the input. That one might be easier to zero in on since the area will be smaller and help localize the source.

35 minutes ago, SignallyCurious2 said:

Yes, I have a subscription. 

It is populating customer radio ID data, which I’m confirming with delta com. So far nothing correlates to the RRDB listings, nothing even close. 

That doesn't surprise me at all. The RRDB listings for talkgroups are user gathered and updated are are known to be incorrect or way outdated. There are a couple of guys in my area that run banks of SDS200 scanners logging gigabytes of data a week and keep RRDB somewhat up to date for my area.

5 minutes ago, markskjerve said:

That doesn't surprise me at all. The RRDB listings for talkgroups are user gathered and updated are are known to be incorrect or way outdated. There are a couple of guys in my area that run banks of SDS200 scanners logging gigabytes of data a week and keep RRDB somewhat up to date for my area.

I had to make some adjustments, it’s picking up 2 systems. A NEXEDGE 48 system on 462.5325 which is the offending signal and a IDAS system which is delta com single site on 462.5375, which they confirmed as theirs. 

The nexedge 48 site just keyed up and the guy is at Jefferson and Congress, downtown Detroit currently. IMG_0211.thumb.jpeg.a155d9c312c11701032ce28bb7500d69.jpeg

13 minutes ago, markskjerve said:

The radio alias is populating via the decoder, dsd+ doesn’t hook into RRDB like sdrtrunk does. 

I've been monitoring 462.5325MHz here at the office. I'm only a few miles directly due east of that water tower. I am getting something on the CCR triband radio I use as a scanner. It's not real strong and just short transmissions, about a second or two at a time.

5 minutes ago, Lscott said:

I've been monitoring 462.5325MHz here at the office. I'm only a few miles directly due east of that water tower. I am getting something on the CCR triband radio I use as a scanner. It's not real strong and just short transmissions, about a second or two at a time.

That would be the offending signal - I’m listening to them crystal clear right now. Truck 850 just got back in the yard