Help Programming Baofeng GM-15Pro with Radioddity

Hello, I'm trying to program my Baofeng GM-15Pro with radioddity set to GM-30 as people say they are the same radio.

Radioddity does not have an option for GM-15Pro just like Chirp or Chirp Next.

I'm trying to setup a repeater channel and the Rx frequency is good but the TX frequency is not correct and it's greyed out.  Am I doing something wrong?

I could manually input the frequencies but documentation is not very good

Any help for this newbee would be awesome!

Thanks!

I'm having the same problem. 

At this time, I'm trying to hit only one repeater that's in my area. I downloaded the radiodditty program software for the GM-30. Looked at putting in the setting for said repeater. Didn't seem like a big deal BUT. I stopped there because best I can tell, I can enter the exact same stuff on the radio itself, which I have. However, I can hear people but I cant talk.

Something is not adding up and I can't figure it out. Any help would be much appreciated.

Repeater I'm trying for..

image.thumb.png.35d210e1233c11895e81f0efbd32ba4e.png

4 hours ago, Crash1 said:

I'm trying to setup a repeater channel and the Rx frequency is good but the TX frequency is not correct and it's greyed

I just did a similar mapping a couple days ago.   I don’t recall having to put in either the TX or RX frequencies.  I think I just went to the appropriate repeater channel (23-30), put in the tone, and it was GTG.  I’m not at my laptop right now but I can check later tonight or tomorrow morning.  

All you should have to do is go to CH 28 (already at 462.675) and put in the Tx QT/DQT column the 141.3 tone.  Should be that simple unless you’re trying to use one of the DIY channels.  In that case, all you have to do extra is type in the 462.675 in the RX Freq column and the. The Tx tone of 141.3.  

On 4/11/2024 at 10:13 PM, WRDJ205 said:

All you should have to do is go to CH 28 (already at 462.675) and put in the Tx QT/DQT column the 141.3 tone.  Should be that simple unless you’re trying to use one of the DIY channels.  In that case, all you have to do extra is type in the 462.675 in the RX Freq column and the. The Tx tone of 141.3.  

That's my problem; with my GM-15Pro using Radioddity ALL Tx frequencies are locked even on the DIY....

6 hours ago, Crash1 said:

That's my problem; with my GM-15Pro using Radioddity ALL Tx frequencies are locked even on the DIY....

Do you think that you could do a reset and start over?   It seems like something is different in the settings.  Could it be something that was inadvertently changed in the previous troubleshooting?  

9 hours ago, Crash1 said:

So pick the channel with the correct transmission frequency and edit the receive frequency. I suspect that’s how they maintain their 95e certification by locking you into the specific channels. 

@Sshannon

Helps to RTFM....I just found that the other 170 channels for RX only scanning!

Well it no biggie...if I mod a channel below 32 with tones I'll just create the same in the RX only channels so I can still scan it....or does the Tone NOT prevent receiving RX regular TX....the code is only for my radio for TX?

1 minute ago, Crash1 said:

@Sshannon

Helps to RTFM....I just found that the other 170 channels for RX only scanning!

Well it no biggie...if I mod a channel below 32 with tones I'll just create the same in the RX only channels so I can still scan it....or does the Tone NOT prevent receiving RX regular TX....the code is only for my radio for TX?

Having an RX tone will filter out all transmissions that don’t have that tone. 
Leaving the receiver tone out will allow you to receive everything transmitted on that frequency. 

@WRYS709

No.....heard some issues.....I don't rush into FW updates unless I find others with the same radio that have no issues....too old for that 😁

BTW...the according to the RTFM....it's not supposed to TX above channel 32.....ARG

Above 30 are the DIY channels.  You can set them up to TX to a repeater but they will still only go to the same GMRS frequencies.  

You can also set up some of those empty “channels” to RX in the VHF and ham UHF bands.  I left a gap and started at 101 and put in several VHF and UHF frequencies to RX only.   Comes in handy when scanning channels (instead of entire frequency spectrum). 

2 hours ago, Crash1 said:

@WRYS709

No.....heard some issues.....I don't rush into FW updates unless I find others with the same radio that have no issues....too old for that 😁

BTW...the according to the RTFM....it's not supposed to TX above channel 32.....ARG

With the latest Radioddity GM-30 firmware and version 2.02 of Radioddity’s CPS software, Channels 31-54 become DIY!

oh rtfM… never mind!

Thanks so much....I don't know why it's so hard to find....The site didn't even show GM models when I went through my searches....to impatient???

Not much to the link though....if you look at download it takes you to the main page....

Anyway thanks for the link!

Have a great day...

On 4/11/2024 at 4:47 PM, WSCE745 said:

I'm having the same problem. 

At this time, I'm trying to hit only one repeater that's in my area. I downloaded the radiodditty program software for the GM-30. Looked at putting in the setting for said repeater. Didn't seem like a big deal BUT. I stopped there because best I can tell, I can enter the exact same stuff on the radio itself, which I have. However, I can hear people but I cant talk.

Something is not adding up and I can't figure it out. Any help would be much appreciated.

Repeater I'm trying for..

image.thumb.png.35d210e1233c11895e81f0efbd32ba4e.png

I have these radios and use this software.  You want channel 28, which is repeater 6 (RPT-6).  Set the input tone to 141.3 and you are good to go.

As Steve mentioned, the manufacturer has apparently locked the channel frequencies to maintain certification, but you can select the tones.

The OP (Crash1) can do similar, with whatever channel/freq/tone combination corresponds to the repeater he wants to hit.