UV-5R radios

1 minute ago, SvenMarbles said:

I'm also not a lawyer. But I don't even see what part of that makes it so that I have to just DEAL.

(b) Operation of an intentional, unintentional, or incidental radiator is subject to the conditions that no harmful interference is caused and that interference must be accepted that may be caused by the operation of an authorized radio station, by another intentional or unintentional radiator, by industrial, scientific and medical (ISM) equipment, or by an incidental radiator.

7 minutes ago, Lscott said:

It’s just unfortunate that most people assume if their cheap electronics is messing up due to interference from a “properly functioning” radio transmitter it’s their problem, not the radio operator’s.

One interesting suggestion has been to put up the antenna(s) and don’t transmit for a week or two. When the neighbors notice them and come knocking because they “assume” it’s you just show them the end of the coax laying on the floor, no two-way radios in sight. When they see it can’t be you they’ll just go away and quit being a**holes.

I don't get it..

6 minutes ago, Lscott said:

(b) Operation of an intentional, unintentional, or incidental radiator is subject to the conditions that no harmful interference is caused and that interference must be accepted that may be caused by the operation of an authorized radio station, by another intentional or unintentional radiator, by industrial, scientific and medical (ISM) equipment, or by an incidental radiator.

Yeah man.. a wireless pad phone charger isn't an authorized or intentional radiator on 780am, is it.. And it's not industrial, scientific and medical (ISM) equipment.

Read 15.5 to YOURSELF. slowly..

I have. And yes I know a few people that had to explain this to neighbors,  of course they didn’t liked it either. After complaining to the FCC they got told the same thing. 

So when I want to listen to 780 WBBM on my kitchen radio every morning with coffee, but I get the hashy noise because I have a neighbor with the cheap Chinese switching power supply, 15.5 says "sorry bud"..?

I think I'm actually encountering "harmful interference".

Any radio dork here who also likes to receive the HF/Shortwave band is a victim of it.. By the vapid population who surrounds us, who also don't realize that they're violating FCC regs.

My point is,.. We who do the radio, should be the ones to curb our ability to do so, so that these goofs don't hear any noise? Even though they don't know the difference between radio or Instagram?  K..

Now listen,.. If I had a neighbor a house or two away from me who was doing radio as well, and he mentioned that he thought I was doing something that was giving him noise on something. I would ABSOLUTELY do what I needed to to squash that. And then he's also my new radio friend. But aside from that sort of circumstance. Nah..

6 minutes ago, SvenMarbles said:

So when I want to listen to 780 WBBM on my kitchen radio every morning with coffee, but I get the hashy noise because I have a neighbor with the cheap Chinese switching power supply, 15.5 says "sorry bud"..?

Looks like it. Of course you could buy the guy a cleaner power supply that doesn’t trash your radio. Then you two can be real buddies like you mentioned earlier.

4 minutes ago, Lscott said:

Looks like it. Of course you could buy the guy a cleaner power supply that doesn’t trash your radio. Then you two can be real buddies like you mentioned earlier.

We have this new 2020+ problem where us two people don't see reality the same.. I read the plain text of 15.5, and I reed gud. I have no idea what part of that says anything resembling what you're talking about..

We have this new 2020+ problem where us two people don't see reality the same.. I read the plain text of 15.5, and I reed gud. I have no idea what part of that says anything resembling what you're talking about..

Then I suggest you contact your local FCC field office. Since they have to do the enforcement actions that should settle it.

9 minutes ago, Lscott said:

Then I suggest you contact your local FCC field office. Since they have to do the enforcement actions that should settle it.

No man 😂. The point is that I’m not doing that. It’s real life out here. If you spend any amount of time off of UHF FM. AM mode on VHF and lower. It’s noisy. The FCC isn’t going to show up in FCC vests and kick in any doors if I complain about anything. 

We do loops or do out best to set our wire back far on large properties if we have them. RF urban noise has just become a part of the fight. 

11 hours ago, Lscott said:

And here’s one that isn’t. Look it up.

IMG_4368.jpeg

And that is why one should be careful which radio they buy if one cares about using a Part 95 compliant radio.

I didn't post my earlier reply to argue with anyone, just to point out that there are Part 95 compliant UV-5R radios available.