First "Mobile", stuck on what to get.

17 minutes ago, nokones said:

Non-inferior radios, such as, Kenwood and/or Motorola, has a ton of more features, than the cheap inferior Chinese radios. 

There is one feature they are missing that is important to me at least. And that is GMRS!

3 hours ago, nokones said:

Also, the proprietary programming software is a lot easier to use as compared to Chirp.

Point. Unless the manufacture hugely supports the group doing CHIRP development then the software has to be based on reverse engineering the code plug structure and communication protocol with the radio. Needless to say but the more feature rich radios are not fully supported by CHIRP. Yes, you can program them, but you don't have access to all the optional settings. I would recommend the manufacture's software be used where possible FIRST. If the manufacture's software is a POS then try CHIRP.

6 hours ago, nokones said:

...Kenwood, Motorola, or Harris radios...

Do any of them have a removable face option?  That check block is what got my list narrowed down to what it is.   That check block will go away when I look for something to be a base station radio or something portable to move between vehicles.

For myself, it wasn't as much of budget issue as much as a: Will it physically fit in my vehicle and where/how? 

1 hour ago, WROA496 said:

Do any of them have a removable face option?  That check block is what got my list narrowed down to what it is.   That check block will go away when I look for something to be a base station radio or something portable to move between vehicles.

For myself, it wasn't as much of budget issue as much as a: Will it physically fit in my vehicle and where/how? 

All three manufacturers have both remote and dash mount units. Obviously, the remote mounts have remote control heads.

Do the cheap Chinese radios have, zone/bank programming of channels, monitor feature that will disable/enable receiver decoder, repeater talk around/direct, multiple scan lists, home channel selection, and MDC1200 PT-T ID features.