Wouxun radio files

WSAV285

Question

I have 3 Wouxun radios and the software programs for each. Radios are a KG1000G+, KGXS20G, and a KG-935G+.  Question is can I copy frequency setup from one radio to another and if so how? I have tried direct copy using windows which didn't work. Suggestions or is it just not possible because of radio architecture.

7 answers to this question

This can be done with chirp and rt systems.  I won’t use a radio that I can’t run on either chirp or rt systems because if this exact thing. It would take 1/2 a day to program a new radio if I had to do it by hand.  Instead it takes 30seconds.   

2 hours ago, WSAV285 said:

Question is can I copy frequency setup from one radio to another and if so how?

I had trouble copying from Chirp to Wouxun software and Radioodity software.  

1 hour ago, WRXB215 said:

You copy from one code plug in chirp to another code plug in chirp.

I have 3 radios with 3 different softwares.  I was trying to simplify the channel programming and make them all similar.  Initially I was hopeful that since they all looked similar (like a spreadsheet), I would be able to copy lines.  It turns out that it was just easier to program each like in each software individually.  I was able to keep the channels similar but it was more of a manual entry than I had hoped. 

@WRDJ205 If all three radios are supported by chirp, you will be able to copy from one to another easily.

1. Read from each radio separately.
    CHIRP has to identify the radio it's dealing with in order to write to it properly.
    Some radios are the same internally but many aren't. It's safer to use a separate code plug for each brand/model.
  2. Save each file(code plug).
  3. Now, it CHIRP, with all three files open, you can easily copy rows from one to the other even though they are different radios.
  4. Connect each radio one at a time and use the matching file to write to the radio.