Wouxun Kg-935g

• WSCA810 changed the title to Wouxun Kg-935g

I assume you mean the KG-935G+ version? I think they have dropped the original KG-935G. Buy Two Way Radios no longer has it on their site.

Many consider it to be the best GMRS radio on the market myself included. I have three of them. Of course it could be overkill if your needs are simple as it is a full featured radio, but it is a solid choice.

I have owned the 935G and the 935G+. The 935G is a great GMRS radio. Not only for GMRS simplex and repeater use but for listening to other frequencies. I programmed mine with local LEO and Fire frequencies. I also programmed railroad frequencies to scan on trips because I enjoy that type of thing. I have used the radio in the rain and snow and have had a drop or two onto hard surfaces with no damage. I purchased the 935G+ as it was advertised as having more volume which helped me out before I got hearing aids. The stock antennas are pretty good as well. If it is in your budget for a GMRS radio I don't think you can go wrong with either. 

The 935G + is a very popular radio. Several of my local club members use the 935G +, including myself.

The 20 watt KG-XS20G Plus mobile radio uses basically the same internals and screen as the 935G + and is an excellent 20 watt mobile. 

The KG-935G is a very good radio with many useful features.  Some of my likes include:

Scan groups.  This allows you to program a group of repeaters for your home area, and other groups of repeaters or channels along your route of travel, or around your destination.  I can preprogram the radio so that when I am in Dallas, I can select and monitor my Dallas scan group.  When I am in Denver, I can select and monitor my Denver scan group.  If my route takes me through Albuquerque, I can select and monitor my 'querque scan group while I am there...without having to download to the radio.  This is the reason having a 999 channel memory is also useful.

The 935G accepts Wouxan's USB-C rechargeable 1A26KG-8 battery.  I had to order this battery separately, but I like not having to carry a charger for the radio.  I can charge the 935G with the same cable I use to charge my phone.

The 935G is CHIRP compatible.  Wouxan does offer their own programming software, and I have no doubt that it works just fine, but CHIRP compatibility means that I can copy and paste repeater channels from other non-Wouxan CHIRP compatible radios without having to hop between software applications (or load new software on my PC).

Another feature I like on the 935G is the channel knob.  Not a big deal, but when you use a radio with up/down arrows, or direct entry only, you notice the absence.

The one dislike I have of the 935G is that it can only scan one band at a time.  Wouxan does offer at least one radio that can scan two bands simultaneously.  I think it is the KG-UV9GX, which also has the scan group feature.  This would allow you to monitor two scan groups simultaneously if scanning is important to you.

1 hour ago, Sab02r said:

The 935G accepts Wouxan's USB-C rechargeable 1A26KG-8 battery.  I had to order this battery separately, but I like not having to carry a charger for the radio.  I can charge the 935G with the same cable I use to charge my phone.

How long have you had your 935G and is it the Plus model?

I bought my 935G Plus in November 2023 and it came with the USB-C chargeable battery.

Probably has the KG-935G as the plus version comes with the usb-c chargeable batteries. I bought the older non usb-c batteries as they are larger capacity at 3,200 mAh vs the usb-c version at 2,600 mAh. I use the usb-c batteries for spares.

Mine is the minus model...not the Plus.  I have had it for 2 - 3 years, purchased before the Plus model was available.   As WRWE456 said, it came with a pair of 3200mAh batteries. Each easily lasts me more than a couple of days.  The addition of a USB-C chargeable battery makes it a nice travel companion. 

I’m going to pretty much echo what everyone else is saying. The KG-935 plus is a good solid radio and it’s my go to radio for GMRS. I have dropped mine few times as well and it survives. USB charging is nice. It has ability and room to program lots more to listen and scan. The only short coming I can think of is that it’s not waterproof but I have other radios if that’s what I need and most times I don’t. I have no problem recommending this radio and no regrets purchasing mine.