Requesting Repeater Access

wsdavis

New to the site and currently requested access to some of the repeaters here in Louisville, KY.  Just wanted to see about how long does it take to receive a response for access?  I've been to the KARS website but that was for HAM operators which I am currently not.  I do plan to take the test but haven't gotten there yet.  Didn't know if KARS repeater for GMRS is open or I have to wait for permission.  Their HAM site states come on in and start meeting operators but I didn't see anything for GMRS.

WQPI520 - aka: William Davis

I see 5 repeaters listed for Louisville, KY. Of course there's no way except by trying to know whether any of them are actually still on-line and available to use.

https://www.mygmrs.com/browse?name=&location=Louisville&state=KY&frequency=&output_tone=&input_tone=&type=&network=&ori=&travel=&sort=State&step=25

• 1 month later...

I'm very new to GMRS, and learning about repeaters. I have requested access to many, mostly for travel purposes. How long does it take to be granted permission? And will I get an email, or any notification, or instructions for settings on their repeaters? Will all repeaters that I have been granted access to, show up on a list somewhere on this web site, or any web site?

I'm very new to GMRS, and learning about repeaters. I have requested access to many, mostly for travel purposes. How long does it take to be granted permission? And will I get an email, or any notification, or instructions for settings on their repeaters? Will all repeaters that I have been granted access to, show up on a list somewhere on this web site, or any web site?

There's zero consistency among the different repeater operators. You may never hear from some while others answer emails reasonably promptly. Some might give you specific instructions, probably just access tone info. Some might not. Besides the frequency and PL or DPL, what else could you possibly need? The only list of repeaters that you personally been granted access to is the one you keep for yourself. There is no other resource listing approved users. It's tough enough getting the operators to keep their info at mygmrs.com up to date.

This is all pretty casual. I would not expect any organization or order here.

• 2 years later...

saludos 73 hay un repetidor 462.625 de virginia serca de mi y  por una semana lo e monitoriado i nada el que lo tiene es WQSD892 en chesapike va esta inactivo o esta apagado aquien me puede ayudar y chequiarlo

Googles Best translation!

Greetings 73 there is a Repeater 462,625 Virginia close to me and for one week as i monitored it has nothing is WQSD892 in Chesapeake will this inactive or this off here can help me and chequiarlo