Connecting repeater to Zello

TheTechPianoPlayerKid

Question

Hi everyone,

I have a small repeater using a Raspberry Pi with the USB Duplex repeater from hotspotradios.com. Users can connect to it using the node number I provide to those who request access. My question is this. Is it legal to have the repeater linked through zello and if so, how is it done? I have an extra Raspberry Pi lying around, so I wonder if that would work since both of them have line-in ports? If this is the case, will someone please direct me to a reliable source to get this done?

Thanks So Muchh.

10 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, WRUE951 said:

why you wasting your time..  remember, he is blind, he can't read.. You're puking hot air  🤣

Wow, what an ignorant, dismissive, and biased comment.
Blind people read, probably better than you. They overcome their disability much more gracefully than you seem to travel through life.
My friend Maurice is a deaf and blind ham. He has a braille reader that reads the text from his screen and presents him with a braille representation of each character. He also uses an application called Voiceover that speaks text from his screen to his hearing aids.
The OP said that his screen reader was unable to process the picture that Randy posted so we know he has a screen reader. Once again you’ve demonstrated your lack of reading comprehension and made yourself look like a complete jerk.

13 hours ago, TheTechPianoPlayerKid said:

So I need to download the tapatalk app? The reason why I am asking, is because I am completely blind, and it is not explaining, my screen reader, the screenshot what I need to do.

No, you do not need to load the Tapatalk app.

Randy, one of the regulars here, reacted to your question about legality by posting a gif showing Michael Jackson eating popcorn with a caption that says, “I’m just here to read the comments.” Of course he didn’t realize you were blind when he posted it.

Several of us, including me, reacted to his gif by clicking on the “laugh” reaction.  The question of whether repeaters may be linked through Zello or other internet links is a hotly contested question that has resulted in entrenched positions and some hurt feelings.  There are several other threads discussing whether linking is allowed by the regulations or not.  Unfortunately, your question is unlikely to receive an authoritative answer.  Many repeaters are linked and the FCC hasn’t taken official action against them, but the FCC does have a statement on their website saying that GMRS repeaters may not be connected to networks, even though some of us dispute that the regulations state that.

So, I don’t have an answer for you, but I hope the background information will help you make your own decision.

Guys, let me make something clear. So I use a screenreader, which tells me what’s on the screen, and I can read Braille and type. As long as everything is talking on a computer like a Mac, Windows, or iPhone, I’m good to go. Screen readers are not perfect, and will not explain pictures perfectly. I’m not mad or anything, just clearing things up here. Blind people can read, just differently than cited people can.

Adding to my previous reply, for those who do not know what a screenreader is, it is a piece of software that can be installed, or is already installed on computers, mobile devices, and tablets, that allow visually impaired or blind users to navigate the device independently. The software has a text to speech engine on it, which, when doing different gestures tells you what icon you are on, or what you are doing. However, not all apps are compatible with a screenreader, meaning, they’re not coded to work properly with a screenreader on a mobile device or computer. This is why, many visually impaired or blind users, like myself, reach out to developers to make this fix. However, some do not know how to fix this, so they have to reach out to organizations for the Blind, such as National Federation Of The Blind. 

1 hour ago, SteveShannon said:

No, you do not need to load the Tapatalk app.

Randy, one of the regulars here, reacted to your question about legality by posting a gif showing Michael Jackson eating popcorn with a caption that says, “I’m just here to read the comments.” Of course he didn’t realize you were blind when he posted it.

Several of us, including me, reacted to his gif by clicking on the “laugh” reaction.  The question of whether repeaters may be linked through Zello or other internet links is a hotly contested question that has resulted in entrenched positions and some hurt feelings.  There are several other threads discussing whether linking is allowed by the regulations or not.  Unfortunately, your question is unlikely to receive an authoritative answer.  Many repeaters are linked and the FCC hasn’t taken official action against them, but the FCC does have a statement on their website saying that GMRS repeaters may not be connected to networks, even though some of us dispute that the regulations state that.

So, I don’t have an answer for you, but I hope the background information will help you make your own decision.

why you wasting your time..  remember, he is blind, he can't read.. You're puking hot air  🤣