GMRS V1

Guest ALBERTO MADEIRA JR

Guest Frank Johnson

But only approved for 2 watts output. Their 5 watt application was denied.

AntiSquid Disclaimer: All posted content is personal opinion only and may not imply fact or accusation.

Seems like a common trend - if you are going to do a witch hunt may want to start with someone who clearly states 5W (on a 2W certificate) - and includes MURS: https://powerwerx.com/tera-tr505-gmrs-recreational-handheld-radio 

This is far closer to "legal" than any other repeater option for an HT

Since the radio comes programmed with GMRS channels and all set to 2W - and the radio CANNOT be programmed to transmit outside of the GMRS range - it is completely legal.

I grabbed one on a day one release in October - the Powerwerx radio which I also bought comes programmed to 5W. Both are certified at 2W

Its up to the operator to use authorized equipment as it is authorized to be used - many Part 90 radios are being used on GMRS (without Part 95A) - and many Baofengs are being used on GMRS; the GMRS-V1 actually arrives and is within its legal limits

Guest ALBERTO MADEIRA JR

Jwilkers can you post the source of your comment that the V1 is only allowed 2 watt output? And also the source that the V1 5watt application was denied. It would be appreciated if both can be posted here. Thanks

Jwilkers can you post the source of your comment that the V1 is only allowed 2 watt output? And also the source that the V1 5watt application was denied. It would be appreciated if both can be posted here. Thanks

I no longer post sources, as people still don't believe me after I do the hard work of researching for them. What you need to do is Google "FCC ID search" and then enter the FCC ID of your radio where it asks for it. You can then display the FCC Grant. It is all there for everyone to read. If you are diligent enough in your research, you can even find the correspondence from the FCC rejecting the radio's 5 watt application and their order for them to not market this radio, if it exceeds 2 watts.

I'm not attacking...I'm simply reporting what is public information.

Responsible *licensees* welcome such 8ninformation, in order to assist them in operating legally.

Don't attack the messenger.

AntiSquid Disclaimer: All posted content is personal opinion only and may not imply fact or accusation.

I no longer post sources, as people still don't believe me after I do the hard work of researching for them. What you need to do is Google "FCC ID search" and then enter the FCC ID of your radio where it asks for it.

Honestly, this not a particularly useful answer. Why do I say that? Simple. If you don't know the bloody FCC ID (i.e. "Grantee Code" + "Product Code" there's just no way to find the records...

...this is like giving someone a fishing pole, and line, but leaving out the hook and bait. That man is going to stay hungry.  :wacko:

Honestly, this not a particularly useful answer. Why do I say that? Simple. If you don't know the bloody FCC ID (i.e. "Grantee Code" + "Product Code" there's just no way to find the records...

...this is like giving someone a fishing pole, and line, but leaving out the hook and bait. That man is going to stay hungry. :wacko:

It was assumed the OP has one. It can also be googled....but here it is: 2AGND-GMRS-VI

Thanks. For whatever reason I never could find the actual Grants, but it truly isn't that important since I could care less about this particular radio. What is of interest is that there is a company in Texas that apparently sees an opportunity market to have BaoFeng custom build new GMRS HT and mobile radios.

I really wish more manufactures would offer a 5/2 watt, GMRS/MURS simple radio at a reasonable price. I'm using my two Tera 505's and they seem to have most of what we are all looking for but could be a little less expensive although the build quality is good.

Maybe there's a business opportunity for someone to buy up a bunch of refurbished Motorola hand held's and set them up with the GMRS frequencies at a reasonable price.

Just a thought.