why did i license

WSEG508

1 hour ago, WRQI663 said:

WHY? Rule breaking is rule breaking

And it's why all of our laws have the same punishment and enforcement. Speeding? Jail. Jaywalking? Jail. Murder? Jail. Hosting a Movie Night without licensing the movie? Straight to jail. Using unsecured WiFi without permission? Jail. Lying about the weather? Jail. Hanging fuzzy dice or a CD from your rearview mirror? Jail. Transmitting on GMRS without identifying your call sign? Jail.

"Rule breaking is rule breaking" is true only until you actually think about it for more than 3 seconds.

Well if you don't license then the eff sea seas has to search you out with a signal finder before they can fine you.  That makes them very angry.  Especially if you license and all they have to do is send you a letter that says go to jail (from post above 😆)

Like Randy say's.  The FCC 'doesn't care' and would rather sit on their desk sucking loli pops than come after violators, so fuk the lic..  Who needs one......  Besides,,  GMRS and FRS is nothing but a free for all zoo anyway..     If you can't beat em'  join em'    🤣

14 minutes ago, LeoG said:

Over hear in the NE the GMRS traffic is very low.  Across the river from me their are 2 Spanish speaking guys who seem to never shutup.  But I think they are on low power stuff, always on x.600MHz

Southern and northern Calif is extremely busy with CB like Chatter on every channel. .  Bay area is just as bad.   North from Palmdale gets pretty quite and some of the repeaters are actually a pleasant to use. .  One of my favorite repeaters on El Paso Mtn can talk from Acton to Lone Pine and Hesperia and Lone Pine about 175-180 miles.   Los Angeles basin has it's share of 'Spanish speaking guys as well and yes they can talk like two little girls in a powder room.   🤣

I'm just shocked at how every single time I get into their area I hear them.  Doesn't matter what day or time.  Sounds like they are running VOX and just talk to each other like they were in the same room.  No idea if that's true but you'd figure they'd eventually run out of things to say.  Always with the cheap toy Roger beep.

2 hours ago, LeoG said:

I'm just shocked at how every single time I get into their area I hear them.  Doesn't matter what day or time.  Sounds like they are running VOX and just talk to each other like they were in the same room.  No idea if that's true but you'd figure they'd eventually run out of things to say.  Always with the cheap toy Roger beep.

that's why i refer to them as two little girls in a powder room...