NEW - Retevis NR30S GMRS HT

WRPL700

Anybody seen or ordered the new Retevis NR30S GMRS HT?

https://www.retevis.com/retevis-nr30s-long-range-noise-reduction-gmrs-two-way-radio-with-display-us

Looks kind of like the HA1G.

Some of the features:

• High / Middle/Low Power Adjustable
    Two-way Noise Reduction
    VOX Hands-free
    Group Call
    Monitor
    Scan
    Roger
    Emergency Alarm
    Low Battery Alert
    30 Channels (GMRS)
    Power Save/Low Power Alarm
    Squelch  
    Weather
    Weather warn
    TOT(Time Out Timer)
    Talk  Around

Also says it has a 2800mah battery and IP67 waterproof.

Looks like it does the one key pairing.
All the photos that they have showing the display shows one channel with the RX and TX frequencies and corresponding tones displayed. So it may not have dual channel/frequency display. 
Simple five button keypad on the front. It certainly seems geared towards simple group coms.  
They don’t seem to have a manual on line for it yet.  
I had looked over it’s more simple name sake the NR30 (no “s”) as a simple hand out to those that don’t know or care about key pads and displays.
I would also be interested in how well the noise canceling works. 
I would be interested in knowing more as well even if it is “just another radio” as “Some people” say. I guess that’s why I’m on a radio forum. 

So I have a NR30 (non-s) with a Nagoya NA-771G antenna and its my favorite radio.  It performs almost as well as my KG905G but the ergonomics are way better in how it feels in your hand.  Feels way more commercial and durable than my GM-30.  I got it specifically because I wanted a minimalist radio with no screen for just the two repeaters I use.  It's also IP67 so I've carried it around in the rain no problem.  Only downside is you can't field program it and it has the gold pin accessory jack which you can convert to kenwood using this.

I was looking at a HA1G for my next radio because I I like my NR30 so much and figured that was basically an NR30 with a screen, but now there is an NR30S which seems like basically the same thing but with the noise cancelling.

The noise cancelling on the NR30 is pretty meh and I would say I have it off 99% of the time.  There are certain use cases where it comes in handy such as talking to someone on a repeater where there is a small amount of static and it basically filters all that out and making them sound clear like DMR but not robotic.  Once the signal is a bit weak it does more harm than good, filtering out a lot of the person's voice or making them sound garbled and harder to understand.  The one time it really came in handy was talking to my buddy on a repeater for about an hour straight with very mild static and flipping it on made him sound perfect.

IDK if the $25 premium over the HA1G for noise cancelling is worth it.  Maybe the additional power if it has it; the NR30 has low/med/high and goes up to nearly 10 watts.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got a new NR30S in the mail today (Retevis Official / eBay); tried to connect it to my windows 10 pc using Retevis-supplied NR30S software from their website, it won't load onto my cheap PC. I'm an Apple guy who bought a cheap PC just to program radios with, it's a Maestro Evolve - Celeron chip - and it has worked great for several of my Retevis radios (NR10, RB26, RB89, NR30) but so far it's a no-go for the NR30S as well as the Ailunce HA1G whose software won't load either. It could be that windows 10 on this PC isn't able to process the software, any ideas? (Ideas not involving Mac computers TY)

I definitely need to connect to a PC to achieve further programming on the NR30S 'cuz the CTCSS codes applied from the radio's screen apply to both TX&RX, no way to apply to just one as far as I can see. 

So I got a pair of NR30 (no screen) on Amazon and it's quite a nice radio; it seems to me that the screen itself is a point of potential weakness (imo) when looking at a hard-use primary radio so the toughness & simplicity of the NR30 interested me; the performance of the radio is excellent. The Noise Reduction works well, I'd consider using it in a high-noise area. I feel that it allows the user to turn up the volume for a better experience without excess background noise. I'm also using an RB89 with a Retevis HWN001 wireless BT mic, an excellent combination. BTW the Retevis CPS has been excellent for NR10, RB89, RB26, NR30 on my cheap PC; hopefully I'll find a way to get the NR30S program running. TIA for any suggestions! 😀

19 minutes ago, WSAW608 said:

I definitely need to connect to a PC to achieve further programming on the NR30S 'cuz the CTCSS codes applied from the radio's screen apply to both TX&RX, no way to apply to just one as far as I can see. 

See if you can choose squelch mode “Tone” instead of TSQL.  Then it will disregard the RX tone.

Thx much Steve, I actually discovered (Mac guy here) that it was my PC that was 'preventing' the CPS download. Once I got past that, the CPS got installed and acted normally, allowing complete channel programming & preferences selection. The software seems almost the same as other Retevis software I've used. This GMRS Radio has a removable antenna; some similar radios have a very small Allen setscrew to assist in secure attachment of the antenna, not so with this radio. The radio has weather alert as well; this feature can be activated as needed from the keypad menu. Another Retevis / Ailunce keeper! 👍