unlicensed

Guest A G Lafon

Run 40 watts out of a 13 db yagi right over their heads.   Enough times walking on them and they will go find another freq.  If you get a complaint which I doubt (if they are illegal filing a complaint will just draw attention to themselves), just claim that you had it PL'd out and never knew they were even there.  Besides if they are illegally transmitting they have no legal leg to stand on if filing a complaint anyways.  

With the new laws, putting in a PL and upping the power as close as you can to legal limits for GMRS, may be the only way to deal with it.

• 2 weeks later...

It's amazing how many idiots live among us. I think some of it is truly the mentality that "if I paid for these radios, then my communications are exclusive and private", not unlike having Wifi, but leaving it open with no password required and blaming the guy who is using it without "permission". Or maybe, buying an airplane and just flying it wherever you want, whenever you want. Not quite the way it works.

Not the same at all as an open wifi hotspot. And there's a school of thought in the cybersecuritu world that recommends keeping your wifi open. This is said to provide an affirmative defense against illegal activities on your connection.

Guest Mike Porter

Hello, I'm trying to register for your website, however it says that my FCC call sign is not valid.  I just got it issued a few days ago as WQZY449.  Can someone help?

• 4 months later...
Guest Al Lafon

Well about a month later this same camp managed to dig up our phone lines.

You may not think to much about this BUT they've done this 3 times now?

Even worse it's in same location!

• 1 month later...

Speaking of "unlicensed" as it were, I was on ch16 on my MXT400, the squelch broke and some knucklehead started making animal sounds, talking crazy and saying nothing, whistling into the mic, just being a jerk for a couple minutes. I was somewhat surprised seeing we need to be licensed. Maybe he did have a license, but not to be a clown.

Now on CB channels, especially trucker ch19, its more common.  

Speaking of "unlicensed" as it were, I was on ch16 on my MXT400, the squelch broke and some knucklehead started making animal sounds, talking crazy and saying nothing, whistling into the mic, just being a jerk for a couple minutes. I was somewhat surprised seeing we need to be licensed. Maybe he did have a license, but not to be a clown.

Now on CB channels, especially trucker ch19, its more common.  

My gosh, sounds like something you would hear only on CB, as the phrase has been coined "GMRS is becoming more like CB" 

I remember me and some friends going to my grandma's house out in the middle of BFE to go camping, on the way we listened to the CB, the entire way it sounded like UFO's we're flying over us and gun shots and good lord just a multitude of crazy sounds and noises. Haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Unlicensed

Well i got a new one ( We're Grandfathered ) this was the reply i got when i ask for call sign ?

This is the Salvation Army Camp Tomahawk in WV. I informed them that a license is needed

on GMRS 462.700Mhz then Manager made remark above ! :huh:

Most all Salvation army class licenses are I.G. Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional  if they are on GMRS from the research I have done.

They are on the wrong Frequency Pull up the ULS fcc site and type there name in the search window.