BuyTwoWayRadios.com

Photo

TK880 displays "yyyyyyy"

TK880 Kenwood Error yyyyyyy 1.5209

Best Answer WRAK968 , 22 May 2018 - 07:23 AM

New firmware has been uploaded and so far the radio seems to work well. [No more "yyyyyyyyyy" upon power-up]

I want to thank Radioguy7268 and Alex WQVX408 for their helpful information :) Thanks guys!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 WRAK968

WRAK968

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WRAK968
  • Ham Callsign:KC2YQW

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:50 PM

Hey everyone,

So, I recently picked up a Kenwood TK880. I've heard quite a few good things about these radios, however when I powered it up for the first time, it displayed Ver: 1.5209, beeped, then showed yyyyyyy

From research, I learned this is likely a firmware issue in that it should be Ver2.xxxx as per the sticker, but was flashed to Ver 1.5xxx for passport use. Does anyone know how to obtain the FPro software and Ver2 firmware?

• Logan5 likes this

#2 WRAK968

WRAK968

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WRAK968
  • Ham Callsign:KC2YQW

Posted 22 May 2018 - 07:23 AM   Best Answer

New firmware has been uploaded and so far the radio seems to work well. [No more "yyyyyyyyyy" upon power-up]

I want to thank Radioguy7268 and Alex WQVX408 for their helpful information :) Thanks guys!

• n4gix likes this

#3 WRAF233

WRAF233

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • GMRS Callsign:WRAF233

Posted 04 February 2020 - 06:02 PM

Hey everyone,

So, I recently picked up a Kenwood TK880. I've heard quite a few good things about these radios, however when I powered it up for the first time, it displayed Ver: 1.5209, beeped, then showed yyyyyyy

From research, I learned this is likely a firmware issue in that it should be Ver2.xxxx as per the sticker, but was flashed to Ver 1.5xxx for passport use. Does anyone know how to obtain the FPro software and Ver2 firmware?

I have the same problem suddenly.  Powered up several times with no issue then today (installed 2 days ago) powered up normally with "Y04HFU".  Tested simplex with HT and it worked great.  Powered down, then back up to test repeater between 880 and HT.  Display came up "yyyyyy" as described above.  I see here that the OP resolved his issue with an upload but I'm not seeing details on where you got the firmware, etc. 

I should have the correct cable in my mailbox right now and have downloaded 49D software.  Is that what I need or is there more to it?

Details appreciated.  And it's fine to talk to me as if I'm green.. because I am.

Gary

WRAF233

NE NV

#4 axorlov

axorlov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationLivermore, CA
  • GMRS Callsign:WQVX408
  • Ham Callsign:KM6JGU

Posted 08 February 2020 - 09:18 PM

So, do you have KPG-49D software and cable? Can software talk to the radio?

#5 WRAF233

WRAF233

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • GMRS Callsign:WRAF233

Posted 08 February 2020 - 11:52 PM

So, do you have KPG-49D software and cable? Can software talk to the radio?

Since I only had it a week I called used radios, got an RMA and sent it back.  Hopefully, they'll get it right this time.  I mentioned what was discussed here but all he said was it was usually due to corruption, nothing about the details here.  If they can't get it right they'll replace with another 880.

But, yes, I got the software last week and the cable yesterday so can mess with it if I have to later.  Rather not tho'.

Gary

WRAF233

NE NV

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TK880, Kenwood, Error, yyyyyyy, 1.5209

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users