• 232 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 19 April 2020 - 09:14 AM

Radioshack? whut? 

#22 Guest_R James_*

Guest_R James_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2020 - 06:14 AM

For what it's worth, I've sent two emails to Midland and have received radio silence (no pun intended).
And these follow up on a conversation I had with a sales associate.
It's been about three weeks and still no one has gotten back to me.
(I've made it clear that i'd like to make a sizeable purchase. A micromobile base station and a handheld or two. Plus some accessories.)

I know these are unusual times - but this has not left me with a great impression.

#23 Guest_R James_*

Guest_R James_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2020 - 09:06 PM

For what it's worth, I've sent two emails to Midland and have received radio silence (no pun intended).
And these follow up on a conversation I had with a sales associate.
It's been about three weeks and still no one has gotten back to me.
(I've made it clear that i'd like to make a sizeable purchase. A micromobile base station and a handheld or two. Plus some accessories.)

I know these are unusual times - but this has not left me with a great impression.

Make that three emails ....

#24 Lscott

Lscott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WRBZ532
  • Ham Callsign:KC8LDO

Posted 20 May 2020 - 10:49 AM

Make that three emails ....

Makes you wonder how their customer service is like if you have a problem.

#25 berkinet

berkinet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WQYR510
  • Ham Callsign:WB6TAE

Posted 20 May 2020 - 10:58 AM

For what it's worth, I've sent [three] emails to Midland and have received radio silence (no pun intended).
[... ...]

Unfortunately, most big companies are not motivated by such claims of interest. They are thinking about market share, not individual buyers. Also, they know that most such statements are hollow, and, in any case, have no way of being tracked.  Now, if you used a similar approach with a dealer, they might show more interest. And, in turn, the dealer might have more influence with the vendor.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

-- Marcus Aurelius

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users