Photo upload

GuySagi

Can't seem to upload photos on Firefox or Edge....and suggestions. I write for some websites/magazines and they had me create some of radios. I'm more interested in feedback from real radio enthusiasts than the readers who buy blister packs. Hence this note. Thanks and I sure hope everyone has a glorious and safe day. 

I'm wondering why people who buy blister packs can't also be "real" radio enthusiasts. Gatekeeping is entirely evil.

Blister packs are gateway radios man... just say no. Just one outing and you will be jonesing for more power. Before you know it, you're going to have a Rohn 65 holding a rotating beam in the front yard fed with 100' of hard-line and you family and friends won't even be able to recognize you.

I didn't mean to imply blister pack folks are not or can not be radio enthusiasts. I apologize. Gatekeeping is bad regardless how it's veiled. Radio is more of an afterthought in most of my readers' cases, if that makes more sense...and unfortunately I don't think its rising a rung in stature very soon. 

Here's the error message I get: Error The server returned an error during upload

File size: 175 k

File type: jpg, 8-bit color

Windows 10

Microsoft Edge for a browser (I tried Firefox, too)

McAfee LiveSafe

Same message when I try the advanced uploader (I made sure Flash was enabled on Edge, too)

If something doesn't ring a bell on my conflict, don't waste time trying to sort it out. I'll be visiting your website early and often (OK nearly daily lately). It's nice to have something decent to read right now about stuff I really enjoy and I'm glad I found it. 

I was just looking for some input on the photos. Hope you guys have a glorious and safe day.

I had issues with uploading photos in the past. I spoke with the site owner about it and he mentioned something with the server's code being out of date which prevents photos from being uploaded to the board. I know he's been working to fix the issue but we all have a life outside of here and with a total site re-write and building up an ROIP server for GMRS as well as running the northeast net and real life stuff that Rich has been involved in, Im sure the photo issue has been put on the back burner for now.

Like I said, no big deal on the photo upload....the other issues being worked on are a priority (especially repeater updates somehow, but Lord know how to get it done to everyone's satisfaction). So let this one go.

I just thought I was doing something dumb/wrong on the upload attempts, you know. When I find a few minutes I might post them in a gallery on the website I maintain for my gun writing/photography, then maybe ask for opinions here using the image URL link available in the forum....sparingly, of course. This website's about GMRS, not photos, after all. 

I DO NOT want to drain energy from upgrades here on a minor problem on my end....so I'm not kidding, push this to the bottom or completely off the to-do list. The info here is too awesome to get watered down on superfluous.

Blister packs are gateway radios man... just say no. Just one outing and you will be jonesing for more power. Before you know it, you're going to have a Rohn 65 holding a rotating beam in the front yard fed with 100' of hard-line and you family and friends won't even be able to recognize you.

I'm already entirely nerd in at least three domains. I don't think my family would notice a new one. :-)  But having done an honest assessment of my needs, I'm fairly sure the HTs will do me fine.

I didn't mean to imply blister pack folks are not or can not be radio enthusiasts. I apologize. Gatekeeping is bad regardless how it's veiled. Radio is more of an afterthought in most of my readers' cases, if that makes more sense...and unfortunately I don't think its rising a rung in stature very soon. 

Apology admired and accepted! I do totally get the disdain for the irresponsible or inattentive HT use and share it a bit. But while I don't see myself putting up antenna masts any time soon, I do like to think I'm an honest supporter of GMRS. Evidence: a) I bought the license; B) I'm hanging around here soaking up info.

Had to edit...quoted the wrong person. LoL

I'm already entirely nerd in at least three domains. I don't think my family would notice a new one. :-) But having done an honest assessment of my needs, I'm fairly sure the HTs will do me fine.

I thought the HTs would be good for me too, but my family has a tendency to be spread all over the county, during the day. Ended up with a Diamond x50a on the roof of the house and mobiles in every vehicle.

We all got the bug pretty quick.

I tried it with McAfee disabled....no luck and no big deal. Thank you so much for the input/help, it was worth a shot!

Like I said, other things on the website are more important.

And thank you again for making a great website, one family-friendly enough to visit, without stupid blood-pressure raising nonsense. Awesome stuff. 

I thought the HTs would be good for me too, but my family has a tendency to be spread all over the county, during the day. Ended up with a Diamond x50a on the roof of the house and mobiles in every vehicle.

We all got the bug pretty quick.

I totally get it. I grew up during the CB boom in the seventies in the valleys and hills of Trinity County, California. I still remember the callsign and handles the family used. And it was usually pretty good. But these days ... I've only got my own household to talk to, and pretty good cellphone coverage usually. So some adequate HTs will do us fine for outdoor activities like rocketry or birding. it's not that we need long-distance communication so much as it is that we hate to shout. :-)

it's not that we need long-distance communication so much as it is that we hate to shout. :-)

I am onboard with this.  For Field Day, I was only 100 feet away from my co-operator, but we used HT's so we didn't have to yell between the two tents.

This is how close we were, but the HT's made life a lot better. 

106255571_10222386141112938_219555240413