Listening on 10/3/20 Saturday net

rppricer

I can not reach the distance to get in on the net with everyone but I can hear the repeater and see what is going on, I told friends about the GMRS and the net and they also listen in on thing going on,I was never so embarrassed as I was this night, the person doing the net was not at all professional acting or talking in running the net this night. And it was not done in an orderly fashion. The people that I told this to said they were not impressed at all and that this reminded them of the old CB days. I could not argue this point with them.I hope you take this suggestion in mind, someone spent money to put these repeaters up and get them running and this is their dream and to put people in charge of a net to run it right should be above all a privilege just to have been name to do so. I am glade that they are not connected here in my town yet and if I have anything to say about I will suggest to hold off until people can show they are more responsible on how to do what is expected of them.

I hope in the future that there will be a better class of individuals that will show up in running the net this way other may want to join in with the growth of GMRS. Thanks for your time in looking at this point and hope for the best from now on.

Now I am kinda curious about what happened.

Normally I connect the WRAK968 system to the regional net only as there are a lot of users now participating in the national net. I know the regional nets sometimes have issues however they are also run by volunteers who haven't really done this too much. It takes time to develope the skills needed to run a net.

One thing I will note as I hear this in the regional nets all the time, is that users need to LISTEN more and TALK less. This means listening to and understanding the instructions being given by net control. If net control is asking for users who have previously checked into the net, don't key up and announce you are a new user. If you live in NJ, don't key up when net control asks for a station in FL. If users were to listen more and talk less the net would flow smoothly.

That being said, I know the national net does rotate controllers. (There is a sign-up sheet for net control) I don't know what exactly you are upset about or what happened, however you could sign up as net control and you would use VoIP to operate the net.

Sounds like this was a Midwest net on Saturday, and not the regular regional or national net. That's run by the Midwest GMRS group, so I would mention it to them if there's a problem. I know the Midwest group has some nets throughout the week and the regional net is on Thursdays (whereas all the other regional nets in our network are on Sundays before the national net).

Sounds like this was a Midwest net on Saturday, and not the regular regional or national net. That's run by the Midwest GMRS group, so I would mention it to them if there's a problem. I know the Midwest group has some nets throughout the week and the regional net is on Thursdays (whereas all the other regional nets in our network are on Sundays before the national net).

yeah, I missed the "Saturday net" portion of the title, see, need my own advice, listen more, talk less LOL