Midland MXT275 programming

Kernlover

Question

6 answers to this question

I recently purchased this mobil device and need some help programming repeaters.

Can anyone walk me through it?

if you don't have it, the manual is here: https://midlandusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/MXT275-Owners-Manual.pdf

out of the box, you probably have to enable the repeater channels in the menu (look for option 'rp' and set it to 'on').

next, pick the repeater you want to access, note the frequency and tone, and figure out which channel it equates to. (pg 27 has a chart of channel to frequencies).  switch to that channel, then back into the menu, and you have to set the tones. page 28 has the code charts; see what code the tone equates to, and set it in the menu.  from there, you should be set on the basics.

Realistically, if you don't have pl tones input on the simplex (15-22) channels, you'll hear any traffic coming from the repeaters as well, since the receive side of the repeater channels 15-22 is the same as their simplex counterpart.

Not exactly convenient to respond to something on that repeater, I admit, since when you come off scan it goes to whatever you were on prior to scanning

Realistically, if you don't have pl tones input on the simplex (15-22) channels, you'll hear any traffic coming from the repeaters as well, since the receive side of the repeater channels 15-22 is the same as their simplex counterpart.

Not exactly convenient to respond to something on that repeater, I admit, since when you come off scan it goes to whatever you were on prior to scanning

Thanks wayoverhtere.

My MXT90 allows me to remove or add back channels to the scan. If I only want 15,19, 21 and 22 to scan I can remove all other channels and only scan those 4. I expected that ability on the newer midland micros but unfortunately that's not possible. I contact Midland and they suggested the pl tones work around for the 275. They also indicated I could do what I want on my MXT400, but that required software. I'm waiting to hear back from them on how to obtain the software.

There are a few threads on this site with MXT 400 software and programming. Try this...

https://forums.mygmrs.com/topic/1837-midland-gmrs-product-updates/?p=17118

I’ve used the software that’s available in that Dropbox and it works. Need a USB to 3.5 cable to program. This is the one I purchased...

https://www.rtsystemsinc.com/USB-29A-Programming-Cable_p_748.html