Wouxun KG-805G Backlight?

Mikeebob

Question

Just got mu KG-805G and programmed my Channels. 

When I set the radio to SCAN channels the Backlight stays on continuously causing more battery drain than needed.

Anyone else with this issue? I can't seem to find a setting in software to turn OFF the backlight while scanning.

Thanks Everyone,

Mikeebob

WKRS742

11 answers to this question

Hey Mikeebob, You can turn off the blue light while scanning BUT it turns the light off so you can not see anything.  Go to menu and on top right side of LED screen you will see 20 "WT-LED".  My is on blue like yours.  Move it to OFF with up down arrows.  Hit menu again to save.  

Now get your flashlight out to see the screen.  How when you hit a signal you will see the other colors you set up... I like the blue as it tells me it is scanning.  As OldRadioGuy said does not draw anything in power.  Get a bigger battery.  I have my 805G scan for two days and had 1/4 power left.

Hope that helps.

Jack 

I think you have the right idea as other have suggested.... "DON'T worry about it due to the small draw on the battery".

I appreciate all the thoughts on the issue.

When I set the radio to SCAN channels the Backlight stays on continuously causing more battery drain than needed.

Anyone else with this issue? I can't seem to find a setting in software to turn OFF the backlight while scanning.

Thanks Everyone,

Mikeebob

WKRS742

That's design flaw. Nothing you, or I can do.

Hey Mikeebob, You can turn off the blue light while scanning BUT it turns the light off so you can not see anything.  Go to menu and on top right side of LED screen you will see 20 "WT-LED".  My is on blue like yours.  Move it to OFF with up down arrows.  Hit menu again to save.  

Now get your flashlight out to see the screen.  How when you hit a signal you will see the other colors you set up... I like the blue as it tells me it is scanning.  As OldRadioGuy said does not draw anything in power.  Get a bigger battery.  I have my 805G scan for two days and had 1/4 power left.

Hope that helps.

Jack 

Thanks Everyone,

Mikeebob

WKRS742

Hey MozartMan, I have this eliminator in my Jeep, works great as I put a mounting kit on back that attaches to the passenger side handrail.  So to get 805G out I just unclip the battery two buttons and eliminator stays in Jeep and I slam battery on the back and off I go.  Sweet.

Jack

P..S. Jeep owners feel free to PM me with your email address and I will send photos of what I have.

Or, if you in the car driving, you can buy and use this:

Wouxun Battery Eliminator for KG-UVD1P / KG-805G / KG-805M

https://www.buytwowayradios.com/wouxun-elo-001.html

a90d5202-5832-45c4-ba79-84ca09a440b7_1.j

I got it and will try today.

Hey MozartMan, I have this eliminator in my Jeep, works great as I put a mounting kit on back that attaches to the passenger side handrail.  So to get 805G out I just unclip the battery two buttons and eliminator stays in Jeep and I slam battery on the back and off I go.  Sweet.

Jack

In my case eliminator is just laying down on the front passenger seat plugged into 12V cigarette lighter and stays in the car all the time. And it is very easy to unclip it and put battery back on when going back home. Sweet indeed. 

I also have Tram antenna with mag mount that I put on top of the trunk when I drive (it sits in the trunk when I don't drive) and mag mount cable runs into the trunk and then through small door in the back passenger seats to the front passenger seat. And it only takes 20 seconds to remove rubber duck antenna and screw cable connector to the radio. With this setup I don't have to drill any wholes in my car. 

Yes that sounds like a nice setup...  the only other thing I did not say was purchased a Mic/Speaker that I lay over the back of the mirror.  

Jack

In my case eliminator is just laying down on the front passenger seat plugged into 12V cigarette lighter and stays in the car all the time. And it is very easy to unclip it and put battery back on when going back home. Sweet indeed. 

I also have Tram antenna with mag mount that I put on top of the trunk when I drive (it sits in the trunk when I don't drive) and mag mount cable runs into the trunk and then through small door in the back passenger seats to the front passenger seat. And it only takes 20 seconds to remove rubber duck antenna and screw cable connector to the radio. With this setup I don't have to drill any wholes in my car. 

Welcome to common sense... I'm in the software world and have to ask myself and customers what is the common sense as to what you really want.  I will confess I have asked the programers for this or that and they come down to common sense.  

Jack

I think you have the right idea as other have suggested.... "DON'T worry about it due to the small draw on the battery".

I appreciate all the thoughts on the issue.