Roger beep settings

DonErle

• 4 weeks later...

I just got a new BTech GMRS-50V2 and the radio is sending out a roger beep which I can't seem to find the option to turn off. I researched the manual that came with it, Looked for the option in chirp and also a google search turns up nothing about a menu option to turn this off. Anyone have a clue?

1 hour ago, WSAY435 said:

I just got a new BTech GMRS-50V2 and the radio is sending out a roger beep which I can't seem to find the option to turn off. I researched the manual that came with it, Looked for the option in chirp and also a google search turns up nothing about a menu option to turn this off. Anyone have a clue?

How about menu 9: BEEP?

And if not then menu 20 and tell it not to send an ID. You could be sending an ID at the end of PTT. This has several options. You want to turn it off. 

16 hours ago, Sshannon said:

How about menu 9: BEEP?

And if not then menu 20 and tell it not to send an ID. You could be sending an ID at the end of PTT. This has several options. You want to turn it off. 

Nope #9 does key press beep and #20 is already turned off.

16 hours ago, OffRoaderX said:

You wont find it in the manual because the 50V2 (at least, the one that I had) does not have a Roger Beep.

It's a two tone beep that I hear when I stop transmitting and I have another radio to monitor my transmission and it definitely is transmitting the tones.

16 minutes ago, WSAY435 said:

It's a two tone beep that I hear when I stop transmitting and I have another radio to monitor my transmission and it definitely is transmitting the tones.

Ok.. 
Mine did not do that..
It's not in the user-manual because this radio does not have a Roger Beep..

So yours must be defective.  What did BTech Support have to say?

11 minutes ago, OffRoaderX said:

Ok.. 
Mine did not do that..
It's not in the user-manual.

I had not contacted them yet. And I also have not yet found anything in the manual that speaks of it.

20 minutes ago, OffRoaderX said:

Ok.. 
Mine did not do that..
It's not in the user-manual.

Well that sucks. I originally tried to buy this radio off of Amazon but they instead sent me a UV-25X2 two times in a row (which I still need to return) and I finally bought it off eBay

19 hours ago, WSAY435 said:

Some repeaters have a courtesy tone that you hear when you or the other person let go of the PTT button.  The purpose of the courtesy tone is so you don't have to let the repeater drop every time before speaking.