Roger beep settings

DonErle

8 minutes ago, n2877 said:

Perhaps. It is an IPhone after all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So is mine. iPhone 13. But I’m not using Tapatalk. I gave it up several years ago. Now I just use Safari. See if you can see the photos in Safari. 

On 5/21/2024 at 7:02 AM, amaff said:

The TD-H3s have 2 different roger beeps. 1 is a traditional 'melody', the other is like that old Motorola noise.

Some radios have a 'Repeater Confirmation' or 'Squelch Tail' setting that will, near as I can tell, make the radio transmit an extremely brief burst of static similar to (but not nearly as ear piercing as) the Motorola sound, that I find less annoying.

You can REALLY dial in how annoying you want to be with these 😂

• 2 weeks later...

If you can't enable a roger beep on your radio, just say "Over" after every transmission. They will think it's cute for the first 2 or 3 times you do it, but be consistent - do it EVERY TIME.

I did this on a ham repeater using a Ham HT (which typically do not have Roger Beeps) while visiting a new town and got reminded that the repeater has a built in "Courtesy tone" (roger beep) so I didn't need to say "over". I replied "10-4, over". 

And for some reason, I didn't make any new friends that day...

51 minutes ago, 2017JK said:

If you can't enable a roger beep on your radio, just say "Over" after every transmission. They will think it's cute for the first 2 or 3 times you do it, but be consistent - do it EVERY TIME.

I did this on a ham repeater using a Ham HT (which typically do not have Roger Beeps) while visiting a new town and got reminded that the repeater has a built in "Courtesy tone" (roger beep) so I didn't need to say "over". I replied "10-4, over". 

And for some reason, I didn't make any new friends that day...

Oh man, that used to be so annoying on ham.  Some guy would get his license and do that unnecessary "over" thing after each xmit.  Every newbie for miles around would then think it was somehow necessary or proper protocol and start emulating it.  😵‍💫

I know how Brian felt with Stewie doing it.