Nagoya NA-771G

Marius1195

Is there anywhere else you can purchase an authentic Nagoya NA-771G (SMA Female) state side other than buytwowayradios? I'd really like to grab a couple for myself and some family members sooner than later. Thanks!

Also 1st post. ?

Edited by Marius1195
Grammar things

Yes and NO... I order from Amazon it was a knock off and did not work and returned it...I'm glad I had one to check and see the package and markings where different.  I to am waiting for an Authentic Nagoya NA-771G (SMA Female) from buytwowayradios.com...  FYI I heard it was lack of some raw material in making the antenna was the hold up and that buytwowayradios.com was the primary seller in USA... Do not quote me, it is hearsay.  

MacJack

7 hours ago, MacJack said:

Do not quote me, it is hearsay.  

MacJack

Couldn't resist quoting ya. LoL. I have heard pretty much the same so yeah, it is what is it.... Glad you were able to return the knock off. I have seen enough video's and comments about Amazon Nagoya's that I'll bid my time for buytwowayradios . Thanks for the reply!

I will through in my two cents on this one.

I too own the 771G and take no issues with it. But admittedly I have stopped using it as I have reported before. The reason being is its size. I did do some on-air comparisons between my radio’s stock antenna back-to-back after I received it and perceived an increase in range of perhaps 5-10%. What this translates too ultimately is that if you are on the absolute fringe of another radio having it may make the difference between whether you hear only noise or just barely hear audio, and the same for others listening to you. If you are not on the fringe you and others may not notice any difference whatsoever.

While I am glad to have it as a backup/spare, for an everyday carry user the performance increase does not adequately offset the inconvenience of the longer whip where an how I use it. YMMV.

The point being, don’t expect night-and-day performance differences. Get one, but expect relatively minor, just barely noticeable differences only when in the fringe area of another radio.

Michael
WRHS965
KE8PLM

Well if you look at the photo above of my Jeep 805G/905G placement, I needed to hear the better with the roof off.  It is a speaker/MIC and works well.  The 905G is one of the biggest batteries around, I get days... plus I have a Ham HT that uses the same size battery and have a back up...  So I use battery eliminator in the Jeep and put one battery in cup holder if I dismount the radio.  You can't go wrong because it fits you life style.  That is why I like to hear others in case I miss thought of function/feature.

MacJack

39 minutes ago, Marius1195 said:

I'm needing to get a handheld speaker/mic for the 805's in my Jeep. Your pic looks like it's a Wouxon but I can't tell for sure. Which model and would you recommend it or something else?

I bought this one for my 905G. It should be good for 805G.

https://www.buytwowayradios.com/wouxun-smo-002.html

Another good alternative to the Nagoya is the Smiley super Stick 465MHz telescoping antenna.

https://bettersaferadio.com/smiley-antenna-super-stick-iv-465mhz-gmrs-noaa-sma-m/

It can be used fully collapsed at just under 5" or extended to 17" to become a 5/8 wave.  It is very comparable to the Nagoya when extended (I have both).  When collapsed it is still better than a rubber duck and very compact.  It only takes 1 second to extend or retract it.  It can be very convenient and it's the antenna I use most often.

You can also buy these direct from Smiley.  Their website did have the extended length incorrectly stated. Not sure if they fixed that.  The correct extended length is about 17".

Vince

BuyTwoWayRadios is the exclusive dealer for the NA-771G model, so you would need to purchase from them. Anyone else selling them may be selling counterfeit products, so beware even on Amazon.

However, the NA-701C model covers the GMRS band and also covers MURS, the 2m and 70cm Ham bands, so it is also compatible. We have these in stock and they are genuine Nagoya products.

• 2 weeks later...