Wouxun ANO-003G Antenna?

Roadrunner74

Question

3 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Roadrunner74 said:

Has anyone used this aftermarket antenna? I was considering it as an upgrade to the factory antenna on my 905G. If it has no significant improvements though I'll probably just stay with the factory antenna... thx

-RR

AT 6.29921 INCHES'  OTHER THAN FLEXIBILITY iICAN'T MUCH, INSTEAD TRY A NAGOYA 771G Authentic Nagoya NA-771G Handheld GMRS Antenna (15.3 Inch) (buytwowayradios.com) FOR BETTER PERFORMANCE ON THE KG-905G. CHECK THE REVIEWS ON PERFORMANCE THERE!

ANO-003.jpg

Edited by TOM47
ADDED COMMENT

That's too long for some applications.  I'm still interested to know if anyone has actually tested or compared the Wouxun ANO-003U antenna to a stock antenna.  BTWR says it has 2.5-3db of gain and it has the words "High Gain Antenna" molded into the side of it.  The price, at $8, is very reasonable if it gives even a little bit better performance.

I'd be wary of the gain claim. A unity gain antenna which means literally no real world gain, can be rated as a 2.5 dBi gain antenna and be correct. DBi gain is measured with an imaginary antenna or isotropic antenna. Unless the manufacturer states how they are measuring the gain the claim is suspect.