Is Radioddity DB-20G 20 watt mobile radio good?

EARL5555

On 3/23/2024 at 7:51 PM, WRYS709 said:

What version is your firmware?

V3.0

FWIW I took the squelch up to 7 in multiple steps, just to test. It seems to have made it better, for the most part. Other radios I have only gone to 3-5, just difference in equipment I guess?

6 hours ago, WSAA930 said:

V3.0

FWIW I took the squelch up to 7 in multiple steps, just to test. It seems to have made it better, for the most part. Other radios I have only gone to 3-5, just difference in equipment I guess?

Looks like your situation is somewhat unique, but I am glad to hear you have it figured out.

• 1 month later...

Got this as part of a bundle with the GM-30 HT, so far very much liking it, compared to my ancient MXT275 it seems to receive much better, and has split tones for the repeaters. Here's a couple views of the mounting. Already had the cupholder mount working for my FT-891, so stacked it on top, convient screws atop the Yaesu to bolt down the bracket on the DB20. Just gotta score a couple more 3m Mic mounts and we're all set for the next off-road run! Easy to program right on the radio, but looking at doing more with the CPS once I get the time.

image.jpeg.380181d18ae5b9489bc2fdc4197cc8a2.jpeg

image.jpeg.7b5fae8a6c2ff2f84a6b612ab3f72108.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I may have missed this, but.....

Does the DB20-G dual monitor? I know there is the "A/B" channel selection, but I cannot get mine to monitor both only the "main". Scan works fine. Any tips? Thanks!

53 minutes ago, WSAA930 said:

I may have missed this, but.....

Does the DB20-G dual monitor? I know there is the "A/B" channel selection, but I cannot get mine to monitor both only the "main". Scan works fine. Any tips? Thanks!

On 5/22/2024 at 8:10 AM, Davichko5650 said:

image.jpeg.7b5fae8a6c2ff2f84a6b612ab3f72108.jpeg

Using your photo above, you have Channel 25 in the A Bank and VFO in the B Bank

Hit the FUN button to enter Menu Mode and use the V/M and Main as up and down keys to run to Menu 19:DSPSUB.

Using the Up and Down arrow keys your selections in this menu 19 are: Off, FREQ, VOLT and it looks like you are in FREQ mode in Menu 19, which is correct for dual monitor. Hit the FUN button to exit Menu Mode for now.

Now Hit the Main button to swap the B Bank VFO into the top (main monitor) and A Bank Channel 25 goes to the bottom (secondary monitor).  You can now exit VFO Mode and have the B Bank enter Channel Mode by hitting the V/M button and then select your secondary monitor channel using the Up and Down Arrow keys.

Hit MAIN to restore your A Bank Channel 25 to your Primary monitor and the newly selected B Bank Channel goes down to the Secondary monitor.

Unless you find a way around this upcoming problem that I will note, I do not like this feature because I find that whichever channel receives a signal first will take priority in the receiver.  

So if I am listening to a conversation in the A Bank and they let the carrier go and at that moment someone hits a carrier on the B Bank Channel, it will take priority on my receiver and I cannot hear the other party's response on the A Bank.

Maybe there is an option around this, but I have not yet found it, so I go back to Menu 19:DSPSUB and turn it to OFF and just use the single monitor.

1 hour ago, WRYS709 said:

Using your photo above, you have Channel 25 in the A Bank and VFO in the B Bank

Hit the FUN button to enter Menu Mode and use the V/M and Main as up and down keys to run to Menu 19:DSPSUB.

Using the Up and Down arrow keys your selections in this menu 19 are: Off, FREQ, VOLT and it looks like you are in FREQ mode in Menu 19, which is correct for dual monitor. Hit the FUN button to exit Menu Mode for now.

Now Hit the Main button to swap the B Bank VFO into the top (main monitor) and A Bank Channel 25 goes to the bottom (secondary monitor).  You can now exit VFO Mode and have the B Bank enter Channel Mode by hitting the V/M button and then select your secondary monitor channel using the Up and Down Arrow keys.

Hit MAIN to restore your A Bank Channel 25 to your Primary monitor and the newly selected B Bank Channel goes down to the Secondary monitor.

Unless you find a way around this upcoming problem that I will note, I do not like this feature because I find that whichever channel receives a signal first will take priority in the receiver.  

So if I am listening to a conversation in the A Bank and they let the carrier go and at that moment someone hits a carrier on the B Bank Channel, it will take priority on my receiver and I cannot hear the other party's response on the A Bank.

Maybe there is an option around this, but I have not yet found it, so I go back to Menu 19:DSPSUB and turn it to OFF and just use the single monitor.

Just checked that menu sub - had it set to FREQ and it seems (seems....) to be working right now! Weird, maybe it was an oddity. So far, this radio has been working really well (follow up to my last post a month or more ago). Just been using it as a base here at the house, but size and volume wise would am considering installing as a true mobile.