KG-1000-G In a Jeep

DanW

I'm looking for ideas on where to mount the Wouxun KG-1000-G faceplate in my Jeep.  (Or the entire unit, depending on how/where).  It is JL Wrangler.  Right now, I'm looking to mount the base under the passenger seat and just put the faceplate somewhere convenient.  

Does anyone have a setup they'd like to share?  Is the microphone speaker loud enough, or do I want the base mounted where its speaker can help out?  

I'm going to play with some ideas today, but wanted to see what others have done that they think works well.

Suggestions are appreciated!  

I installed the base radio under the driver's seat and face plate on a 67 design cf arm attached to a ball mount that installed in the passenger grab rail, running the cable to the face plate would have been cleaner with the base unit under the passenger seat but i could do that because my ARB compressor is already in that space. I hung the mike from another 67 Design arm that is using JeepUniq mic mount and also put a lido mic mount on the drivers side freedom panel so it could be closer to my head when it was really loud in the jeep. In order to mount the face plate i modified a 67 Design SwitchPro-SP9100 Switch Panel Holder. Overall very happy with how it all turned out, The mic speaker volume is loud enough but I like have both speakers on

Kg-1000.jpg

Mic alt.jpg

• 1 month later...

Late to this thread. Rugged Radios sells the best mount for this spot in the passenger foot well. That is, if you want to mount the whole radio there. I plan to mount my CB there, and am looking to mount the faceplate for my Wouxun KG-1000G in the space ahead of the shifter on my 2021 JLUR.

https://www.ruggedradios.com/collections/jeep-jl/products/jeep-jl-jt-passenger-side-mobile-radio-mount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally mounted the Wouxun KG-1000G to the passenger side of the console.

The mic mounts to the low end of my JeepUniq cradle (my Garmin InReach Explorer+ mounts on the top).

I plan to mount my CB there at some point, then I'll move the Wouxun KG-1000G to under the drivers seat, and will find a place for the faceplate.

IMG_9700.thumb.png.fa0f9aa32f48061857db13de1b927a7e.png\

IMG_9694.thumb.png.cebfb710db5fd7de2bc979dc0b82fdd6.png

image.thumb.png.0aa1485d06ad6d0a04174eed5c1b0991.png.2a6c4efc29705fd86e70bb51acb67651.png

image.thumb.png.ad761bb2072ab65a63c3766dd043ac00.png.c81307e0c1981d19f184140b7e86ab51.pngWouxun-KG-1000G.thumb.png.d807786a7d434db347323c0a37a63acb.png

• 5 months later...
On 9/26/2021 at 1:44 PM, Landshark said:

I installed the base radio under the driver's seat and face plate on a 67 design cf arm attached to a ball mount that installed in the passenger grab rail, running the cable to the face plate would have been cleaner with the base unit under the passenger seat but i could do that because my ARB compressor is already in that space. I hung the mike from another 67 Design arm that is using JeepUniq mic mount and also put a lido mic mount on the drivers side freedom panel so it could be closer to my head when it was really loud in the jeep. In order to mount the face plate i modified a 67 Design SwitchPro-SP9100 Switch Panel Holder. Overall very happy with how it all turned out, The mic speaker volume is loud enough but I like have both speakers on

Kg-1000.jpg

Mic alt.jpg

On 9/26/2021 at 1:44 PM, Landshark said:

Kg-1000.jpg

Mic alt.jpg

The setup looks really good.  I'm waiting to take delivery of my JLU in a few months and I'm interested in upgrading to a KG-1000G and would like to see if you could share the part number for ball mount used on the passenger grab mount.  Also, could you expand what modification was required to the SwitchPro-SP9100 Switch Panel Holder in order to mount the face plate?  Thank you.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/23/2022 at 11:13 PM, WRQE264 said:

Just remember when mounting stuff under your seats, there are drains there so always consider water.

Another thing to consider is dust and dirt. I mounted my ARB Dual Compressor under the passenger seat of my 2021 JLUR a while back. The two filters definitely need more attention now, compared to having it mounted on the drivers side of the cargo bay, mounted just below the rear left side window.