NEW!! KG-935G Radio Programming Software from RT Systems

MacJack

7 hours ago, WyoJoe said:

I've used cut and paste (ctrl-C and ctrl-V) on a couple of the manufacturer's programs (I don't recall which ones) for copying one row to another, even though there was no indication it would work. I just clicked on the row number, hit ctrl-C, then clicked on another row number and hit ctrl-V, and it worked for me. I could not do this with the mouse as the option wasn't there, at least as far as I could tell. Right clicking certainly did not give me that option, but the keyboard shortcuts did work.

I don't run my programming software on a Windows PC. I use Linux, and run the programs with WINE. I usually select Windows XP or Windows 7 as the environment to run them in, and most of them have worked for me (but not all). There have been a few glitches along the way, but I've generally been able to accomplish what I set out to do.

In your case, for about $50, you could get a Raspberry Pi that would likely do all or most of what you would want a Windows PC for.

WyoJoe, happy for you... mark me down as lazy, just do not to learn another OS like Linux.  30 years ago did Unix and was nice but did not keep it up as made my money in the PC Windows marketplace.  I did look at Raspberry Pi for 10 minutes but did not cover a lot of my other needs.

Thanks for expressing you view as I hope you caught the eyes/ears of someone on your same page.

MacJack

7 hours ago, WyoJoe said:

I just upgraded to the latest version of Chirp, and it supports the UV8D, UV8D Plus, and UV8E. Those are the only UV8 series radios listed in the stock configuration.

There may be other files for other radios that are under development that you could load, but they're not included by default.

Thanks WyoJoe for pointing out value of CHIRP...  but it does not have UV8H or 935G and I have been waiting for 6 months or more... So when RT System offed UV8H and then develop software for 935G within a week, I jumped on it...  I have played with CHIRP for my 805G and 905G but it did not go deep in the the device setting.  RT System did a better job and made more sense...  

Thank you for your comments as I sure it will help others who can wait for a CHIRP developt, (guy for overseas) to write something is not for me...

MacJack 

On 11/8/2021 at 7:38 AM, McLG said:

I am using the latest CHIRP and am able to program my KG-935G using the KG-UV8H profile. 

Garrett, thanks for info... I just download the lastest CHIRP and do not see KG-UV8H profile on the list...  See attached on my pull down.  I just do not get it...  Yes after download of new CHIRP, closed all windows and moved new program to Applications on my Mac OS...  Clicked on app and did not tell me to update so I know I have a good version...   

Not that I do not believe you...  I only bring this up for education value for others.  

MacJack

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 2.47.50 PM.png

Garrett, thanks for info... I just download the lastest CHIRP and do not see KG-UV8H profile on the list...  See attached on my pull down.  I just do not get it...  Yes after download of new CHIRP, closed all windows and moved new program to Applications on my Mac OS...  Clicked on app and did not tell me to update so I know I have a good version...   
Not that I do not believe you...  I only bring this up for education value for others.  
MacJack
1788749111_ScreenShot2021-11-09at2_47_50PM.png.df2ee91a671f771c8764239e2e0de51b.png

The UV8H driver must be downloaded and installed manually, as it is still under development. Check out this page for information.
https://chirp.danplanet.com/issues/8803

Michael
WRHS965
KE8PLM

Edit: Removed period from the end of the chirp URL.

13 hours ago, mbrun said:

The UV8H driver must be downloaded and installed manually, as it is still under development. Check out this page for information.
https://chirp.danplanet.com/issues/8803

Thanks Michael for the info... still in development and been working on it since Feb 2021.  It was interesting read of the process of writing code.  Just so you know RT System wrote the KG-935G in two weeks and have had KG-UV8H for a long time.  

I think I would wait as would not like anyone to lockup ("brick") ones radio...

MacJack

Thanks Michael for the info... still in development and been working on it since Feb 2021.  It was interesting read of the process of writing code.  Just so you know RT System wrote the KG-935G in two weeks and have had KG-UV8H for a long time.  
I think I would wait as would not like anyone to lockup ("brick") ones radio...
MacJack

The difference is one gets paid for their work, the other is a volunteer that does not get paid. The whole idea of open source software is that the community chips in. Anyone that has the skills and interest can chip in to bring closure to the driver.

Michael
WRHS965
KE8PLM

4 hours ago, mbrun said:

The difference is one gets paid for their work, the other is a volunteer that does not get paid. The whole idea of open source software is that the community chips in. Anyone that has the skills and interest can chip in to bring closure to the driver.

Michael
WRHS965
KE8PLM

That my point... I would pay for the right product and if it fails will bitch for refund or suit if my radio gets bricked for a replacement...

MacJack

• 1 year later...
27 minutes ago, Thumper291 said:

Is there anything I can do to program the radio using Windows 11

1. Make sure you have the correct driver for the cable you’re using.  Win 11 changed the model for drivers and manufacturers had to come up with new drivers.  

2. Then just use the software that the manufacturer recommends for the radio.