Desktop mic for KG1000G?

danno02

Question

11 answers to this question

46 minutes ago, BoxCar said:

Wouxun may not have one but if you know the connector pin assignments you can adapt almost any unit to the radio.

And @BoxCarwill come over to your Shack and whistle the necessary codes to mimic the missing hand microphone KG-UV10A buttons! ?

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 11.11.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 11.16.03 AM.png

3 hours ago, BoxCar said:

Wouxun may not have one but if you know the connector pin assignments you can adapt almost any unit to the radio.

2 hours ago, BoxCar said:

You know Michael, I have never seen a desktop microphone from any manufacturer that included the buttons found on a mobilemicrophone. Have you in your vast experience seen one? Perhaps you could provide us with a link to one?

You know @BoxCar, perhaps the proper response to the OP should have been:

Unless someone here can point to a Wouxun Desktop microphone that is compatible with the microphone functions of the KG-UV10A handheld microphone, you are probably limited to using that handheld mic.

Just a wild guess on my part...

Just trying to help here

I don't have the KG-1000, so I don't know if this would be compatible, but it's the only desk mic that I've seen

It's described as a 6-pin for the TYT 7800 & 9800, maybe it can be modified to work on other rigs

https://store2.rlham.com/shop/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=127&products_id=75410&osCsid=1h8utjige5e9spidif1red8ij7

2 hours ago, kb2ztx said:

No reason for a desk mic to have any button other than PTT and Monitor. As stated if you can find the pinout you can use about any desk mic as long as the mic element matches. 

Here are some features that might be missing from a "desk mic [without] any button other than PTT and Monitor:"

Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 5.12.21 AM.png

Perhaps the Wouxun Bluetooth Speaker Microphone MMO-004BT can have a desktop mount fashioned to attach to it:Wouxun BT mic.jpg

Everything listed can be done from the front of the radio. To me its all Ham garbage. But to each there own. I'll stick to my APX and XTL base radios.

You bringing this up got me to investigating. I was thinking too that all functions on the mic were in-fact available from the function menu on the radio. Turns out that is not the case on the KG-1000G. Oddly enough, things like Tx Power, Squelch and Toggling through between VFO and Channel Mode are not available using the navigable function menu like they are on the Wouxun HT models. So, if one did had a desk mic to the radio they would need to find a solution for those functions they want access to that are not on that front panel menu. Things that make you go Hmmmmm?

Michael
WRHS965
KE8PLM