spod lighting wiping out receive on certain freqs

serrasalmus

so i just installed a spod type box and now i've got this issue when i turn on my lights thru it i lose receive on some freqs and not others. i've got a few ferrite beads on the power and switch wires and today i used aluminum reflective tape on the inside of the cover to shield it from any outgoing vibes (tin hat brah). in the AM i'm going to try a different set of light and see if its there. anyone got any other ideas or dealings in this issue?

ok, these are def amazon cheapy's, however i had the exact same set on my zj without any issues. on my zj i did not have a spod center i just built my own harnesses for the lights. is there any other tests that i can do to help locate if its ingress or outgoing noise? also should i ground the body of the spod box or should i not worry about that since its bolted to the fender (however did not clean paint off either surface)

Given that the exact same lights aren't a issue on the zj, can you bypass the spod to rule out there being some change in the manufacturing on this set vs the other set?  If it's still there with the spod bypassed, that points to the lights; if it goes away, that points toward the spod.

From there, What is your input power source for the spod, compared to the zj? Is it an issue when the vehicle is running, ignition on not running, or on and off? Thinking of alternator noise vs other noise sources on the input, and ruling out other things besides the spod itself that might be feeding into the spod.

I have tried the aluminum tape method, and chokes as well on sPod boxes. They look nice in the rig, and make it easy to add accessories, with switches that look like they came from the factory. But, that trade-off is that they are still an aftermarket accessory. I wish they had more metal in them, or a grounding pigtail for the box. Grounding may help, but as others have said, power may come from another area in different models of Jeep. Higher end LED's will help, I know many people that went cheap on LED headlight, that have the factory wiring harness, grounding, and physical connections of the incandescent stock version, but still interfered with radio audio. Going to higher end LED headlights then fixed the problem, based on the engineering in the higher end LED headlight elements. Good luck, it may take a few tries to find something that works.