What NOT to do

WRKC935

On 5/19/2022 at 5:50 PM, axorlov said:

He pulled the plug because he felt like it. Feel free to step in with your resources to fill the void. Keep it reliable.

Obviously an egocentric point of view. Tells a lot about poster's character...When you learn to separate greater good from personal hurts - world will change towards better future.

By the by. I "felt like" commenting on what he "felt like" doing. If you ok with his "felt likes", you should be ok with my "felt likes" as well.

Oh, and tell OP to have fun watching his "resources" collecting dust.

On 5/23/2022 at 7:11 AM, ABTOCMEPTb said:

Obviously an egocentric point of view. Tells a lot about poster's character...When you learn to separate greater good from personal hurts - world will change towards better future.

By the by. I "felt like" commenting on what he "felt like" doing. If you ok with his "felt likes", you should be ok with my "felt likes" as well.

So which part of "I turned it all back on" did you miss exactly???  Not to mention the several times I specifically said I OVER REACTED.  Guessing you missed that too.

And how many repeaters have YOU put on the air up to this point.  

"When you learn to separate greater good from personal hurts - world will change towards better future."

Dude, this is GMRS.  We ain't out to change the world here... it's just some radios.  You drop some higher calling crap like that and talk about MY ego.  Right.  But that is pretty funny... I did get a chuckle out of it. 

On 5/23/2022 at 4:11 AM, ABTOCMEPTb said:

Of course I do not have problem with your comment. Of course I'm ok with it. I was just explaining that WRKC935 has no obligation to anybody. His ship, his rules.

And if you feel that Greater Good can have a little boost in this difficult times, go ahead and do it with your time, your money, your knowledge, and your smooth talk to tower owners. Just do it. I will be first to applaud.

As a beginner and person that can't raise a reply on the radio on a daily basis I find this thread enlightening to the radio (CB, GMRS, & ham) owner overall.  

I have one repeater operator I speak with about 30 miles away and I have delved in to a conversation about maintenance, climbing towers etc as we are both over 60 years old.  His equipment recently went in for  a tuning and possibly some up grades.  Of course it is all on his dime, and doubt anyone that uses it would offer to help pay the bills.

With that said, I can't imagine anyone that owns a repeater (or radio for that matter) even thinking of getting donations or paid to keep it running at least until there was a larger following.  And that brings up the reliability question.  If you don't own it, and don't help with the maintenances' how can you rely on it?  I suppose there are personal bonds formed to some degree but I can't understand folks getting angry over issues like this.

The owner is solely liable and vested in the event not the users.  Users are just guest.  This is directed soley to private ownership and not paid for by members repeaters/clubs.

So which part of "I turned it all back on" did you miss exactly???  Not to mention the several times I specifically said I OVER REACTED.  Guessing you missed that too.
And how many repeaters have YOU put on the air up to this point.  

"When you learn to separate greater good from personal hurts - world will change towards better future."
Dude, this is GMRS.  We ain't out to change the world here... it's just some radios.  You drop some higher calling crap like that and talk about MY ego.  Right.  But that is pretty funny... I did get a chuckle out of it. 

Avoid the troll.Move on.

Your equipment, your time, your money. You react how you please.

Generally, speaking this is why we can't have nice things. Look at gun contol and the arguments. Don't waste your brain cells or a moment on it any further.

Like he said YOUR resources. He is entitled to his thoughts. Just proceed to ignore, you are giving them power otherwise.

Just document the jerk abusing the repeater and send it to the fcc. Shutting down the repeater when you heard him absolved you of your responsibility after your ignored request. Yes, you are responsible for the repeater, but can't contol everyone using it.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

On 5/19/2022 at 12:33 PM, ABTOCMEPTb said:

As I understood he pulled the plug not because of rough operator, but because someone dared to complain about it. On a grand scale: if no one using his repeater - it wasn't a big deal to begin with. If people depending on his repeater for signal - I would consider this repeater as unreliable.

I've never heard of anyone "depending on" a GMRS repeater for anything.

1 hour ago, kmcdonaugh said:

I've never heard of anyone "depending on" a GMRS repeater for anything.

41 minutes ago, Blaise said:

I mean if you use a repeater, don't you by definition depend on it for use as a repeater?

By this line of reasoning you rely on life because your diaphragm moves.