XTS3000 UHF M2 ASK Removal; Help

trafficcop

Question

4 answers to this question

Unfortunately, there aren't many options.

1) call the department you bought them from and ask them if they can wipe them.

2) find a Motorola shop that has the tools around still, and they might be able to restore it to factory. Look on all the authorized radio shops for OhioMARCS and give the closest a call. Try Mobilcomm Inc. 1211 W. Sharon Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45240(513) 742-5555

3) you can try a firmware update, but I'm not 100% sure that it clears the ASK, and you need more than the programming hardware.

4) call them a loss and circular file them? Motorola calls them EOL and won't even sell you the CPS anymore. Their response is to try and sell you an APX radio.

It seems this question pops up on other websites about ever 6-10 weeks or so. This is what I have found, but have not tried it at all:

EDIT: I'll pm you the instructions I found

Historically, if you can find the files referenced above, you still have issues with current operating systems. Everyone who has tired it on their own lately has ended up utilizing option 4 and calling it a learning experience. I recommend you Give a few radio shops a call.