Linked repeaters

WRPB817

Hello all, I'm seeing a lot of linked repeaters on the page. I'm only a few months into gmrs so somewhat new. Are they linked with zello or HT app? I was just recently introduced to the HT app which works with zello ( also new to me) Any groups MD & Pa? If this worth getting a zello ptt Lte radio? 

Thanks 

Dan

WRPB817 

If you are going to do Zello, get the app on your cell phone...  I have a GMRS repeater for family and neighbors and I hook up a iPad with a sound cable to repeater and load Zello app on iPad.  Also setup a few channels for my select group of preauthorized user to use as it for the teen girls to talk on.  Now the teens just text only.  Only had the cost of the sound cable.  But I could take that off my discovery list of how to do it. 

26 minutes ago, WRPB817 said:

Hello all, I'm seeing a lot of linked repeaters on the page. I'm only a few months into gmrs so somewhat new. Are they linked with zello or HT app? I was just recently introduced to the HT app which works with zello ( also new to me) Any groups MD & Pa? If this worth getting a zello ptt Lte radio? 

Thanks 

Dan

WRPB817 

It's pretty common for the linked repeaters to be using IP links via raspberry PI hardware/allstarlink software. That said, there are a few individual repeaters or networks that are also linked with Zello.

Honestly, I'd second @macjack and just use an app for Zello access, unless you have a group you're planning to use Zello with already.

Edit: forgot to add the link, one of the many threads on repeater linking. https://forums.mygmrs.com/topic/295-repeater-linking-discussion/#comment-2493