GMRS mobile failed

mitzvah

22 minutes ago, mitzvah said:

As per the map this repeater is not longer in service.

Am I missing where it shows that? It has dropped to what the map regards as "stale" (aka no updates in over a year), but I didn't see anything indicating it was offline.

(On the map, hit the gear in the upper left, and toggle the "show stale repeaters" option)

Screenshot_20220626-192516.png

Repeater is clearly on the air, the angry fireman and such. Per map or not, tell us the freq that you still have in your UV5R. Just like your nickname implies, do the godly thing, mitzvah! Do a right thing, help others do not step into that blind!

1 hour ago, wayoverthere said:

Am I missing where it shows that? It has dropped to what the map regards as "stale" (aka no updates in over a year), but I didn't see anything indicating it was offline.

(On the map, hit the gear in the upper left, and toggle the "show stale repeaters" option)

Screenshot_20220626-192516.png

How about Mt Disappointment 462.600?  725 Round Table 462.725?

Come on man....   new post...    "Cant hit a repeater" "Can hit a repeater"       How does an antenna adapter change hitting or not hitting a repeater?    

•  

mitzvah

Every weekend I try to hit 6 different repeater in my area with no luck. Today after putting a antenna adapter on my 905G I hit a repeater (2 repeaters and one live person contact) since getting into GMRS. After getting home I checked out this sites map and It seems that 5 repeaters that I have permission to use are well not there anymore. One repeater I know is to far away, it is kind of a bunch list item. But who are the folks I hear on channel 27 /  RPT 19? Spill over onto GMRS channel 19

1 hour ago, axorlov said:

Repeater is clearly on the air, the angry fireman and such. Per map or not, tell us the freq that you still have in your UV5R. Just like your nickname implies, do the godly thing, mitzvah! Do a right thing, help others do not step into that blind!

My mobile is a 20 watt Ocean and a today I  had a Ocean 905G with a adapter to a Nagoya GMRS tunes antenna. The repeaters that I try to hit each outing are MT Disappointment ( 462.600 ) , MT Harvard ( 462.625 ) , 725 Round Table  ( 462.725 ) , Mt Wilson (462.600 ) mostly blocked by mountains if near home. VNC575 ( 462.575 ) hit this repeater today! I think part of my problem is that I'm to close to the base of the mountains. 

20 minutes ago, mitzvah said:

My mobile is a 20 watt Ocean and a today I  had a Ocean 905G with a adapter to a Nagoya GMRS tunes antenna. The repeaters that I try to hit each outing are MT Disappointment ( 462.600 ) , MT Harvard ( 462.625 ) , 725 Round Table  ( 462.725 ) , Mt Wilson (462.600 ) mostly blocked by mountains if near home. VNC575 ( 462.575 ) hit this repeater today! I think part of my problem is that I'm to close to the base of the mountains. 

Do you happen to remember which of these repeaters you've been yelled at by an angry fireman? Was it Mt Disappointment (what an awesome name!), Mt Harvard, Round Table or Mt Wilson? Maybe it was VNC675 that you hit today? Maybe totally other repeater? Would it be too much trouble to look into what you have programmed in your Ocean (Woksun-Oksan, how Queen-Prophet likes to say)?

It is possible that your problem being too close to the base of the mountains, among other possible problems, but the fireman is a different problem. He heard you and you heard him.

1 hour ago, mitzvah said:

How about Mt Disappointment 462.600?  725 Round Table 462.725?

I don't see a repeater on mount disappointment, or one with that name. I did find round table 725, though (see the screenshot).

On a side note, if you got the angry fireman when trying for round table 725,  this may be what you were actually hitting: https://mygmrs.com/repeater/4408

Screenshot_20220626-220245.png

The repeater I hit today was VNC575 / Topanga, CA 462.575. I was just North of the Glendale business district. The upset fireman was from my very first contact, that being Mt Wilson 462.600. But what repeater is on Channel 27 RPT 19 also heard on GMRS channel 19? Thank You all for your help.  

50 minutes ago, mitzvah said:

The repeater I hit today was VNC575 / Topanga, CA 462.575. I was just North of the Glendale business district. The upset fireman was from my very first contact, that being Mt Wilson 462.600. But what repeater is on Channel 27 RPT 19 also heard on GMRS channel 19? Thank You all for your help.  

that's one of the kind of confusing parts of GMRS; some of the simplex channels/frequencies (15-22) are the same as the repeater outputs (RPT15-RPTin terms of CH 19/Rpt19, Club650 is the closest. there's a couple further east on the same frequency, DB650 toward diamond bar, and another by Redlands. 

I found another in the listings called Crescenta; the listing shows online, but the description says it's offline, last updated 13 years ago....it also lists no input tone.  given the location (and your location), it might be possible to reach the listed location if it were online.

https://mygmrs.com/repeater/491 (crescenta)

https://mygmrs.com/repeater/1270 (club650)