Dead - BTech V-1

mitzvah

Question

6 answers to this question

One alternative is to figure out why it’s not working.  Use a multimeter and troubleshoot it. Is it the base or is it the power supply? Many of the power supplies are interchangeable.  I have four different handheld radios and three of them use wall warts that can be directly interchanged to use with each other’s charger bases.

I did troubleshoot with the multimeter. The power supply worked (same power supply that comes with UV-5R's). But the base was not working. With the UV-5Rs the red light on the base comes on and after awhile it starts to flash red / green until the battery in fully charged. With the BTech base no power at the studs and no lights. The charging set up is almost a third of the price for a new V-2. 

Looks a lot like mine does... I currently have three of them as the GMRS-V1, MURS-V1, and GMRS-V2 all use the same batteries. I might suggest the OP grab one, along with the -V2 (since any memory channel can be used for GMRS configurations -- useful if multiple repeaters on same frequency but with different CTCSS codes)

I do hate their LED modes.

• No battery: flicker red/green to cause epileptic seizures
  • Really dead battery: Red (the only time I've seen solid red was when I had the radio itself shut down from low battery)
  • Partially charged battery: flicker red/green (duty cycle between red and green seems to track with level of charge)
  • Fully charged battery: Green (though it takes hours to get to that point, even an overnight charge had mostly green with quick red flashes)

19 minutes ago, KAF6045 said:

Looks a lot like mine does... I currently have three of them as the GMRS-V1, MURS-V1, and GMRS-V2 all use the same batteries. I might suggest the OP grab one, along with the -V2 (since any memory channel can be used for GMRS configurations -- useful if multiple repeaters on same frequency but with different CTCSS codes)

I do hate their LED modes.

• No battery: flicker red/green to cause epileptic seizures
  • Really dead battery: Red (the only time I've seen solid red was when I had the radio itself shut down from low battery)
  • Partially charged battery: flicker red/green (duty cycle between red and green seems to track with level of charge)
  • Fully charged battery: Green (though it takes hours to get to that point, even an overnight charge had mostly green with quick red flashes)

as i understand, all three are based on the uv82/uv82c hardware, so i'd expect them all to be interchangeable.

on the LEDs, i wonder if they're trying to copy the commercial stuff with that. my vertex stuff goes from solid red to green flash when it's 90% charged, and then solid green at 100%.  my uv5r/bf-f9 cradles do the fast red/green for no battery, but otherwise solid red for charging, or solid green when charged.