Programing Baofeng GM-15 Pro

WRTI611

Question

Im working on trying to program my gm-15 pro to work on a local repeater, I have to use the Radioddity Software as chirp doesn't work with it. Raddioddity doesn't have a "tone" setting just a ctcss/cdcss decode section, Im assuming this is the same thing I've double checked the DPL code on the repeater i want to use and it still isnt connecting, any pointers as to what Im doing wrong?

image.thumb.png.b5993369ea1fcf6c667c10eb07c0ddc0.png

25 answers to this question

They are the same..

Try removing the Decode tone to see if that helps, unless you are absolutely certain that the repeater uses the same decode and encode tones.

It is also possible that you are simply out of range of the repeater - EVEN if you can hear it, that does not necessarily mean that you can hit it.  Try going outside or driving closer if necessary.

At the end of the day, I have found over the years that the biggest problem seems to be installing the proper driver for the USB cable you are using.

That being said: More information would be helpful:

• Is it a Radioddity GM-15 or the Baofeng GM-15? I do not see a Radioddity GM-15 listed on their website.

The Baofeng GM-15 shown on Amazon looks like a clone of the Radioddity GM-30/TIDRadio TD-H5/Ruged CMRS2 and Pofung P15UV (which I own and gave to my grandson).

• Where did you get your software?

• Have you been able to get CPS programming software to work in the past, if so, which radio?

• From where did you acquire your programming cable?

Additional research indicates that the latest software for the Radioddity GM-30 will work with the GM-15 (but do not use the firmware software to change the installed firmware). This is version 2.06 running on Windows XP emulated by Parallels on my Mac:

Radioddity GM-30 Software:

Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 5.09.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 5.08.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 5.12.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 5.20.57 PM.png

On 9/21/2022 at 6:22 PM, MichaelLAX said:

At the end of the day, I have found over the years that the biggest problem seems to be installing the proper driver for the USB cable you are using.

That being said: More information would be helpful:

• Is it a Radioddity GM-15 or the Baofeng GM-15? I do not see a Radioddity GM-15 listed on their website.

The Baofeng GM-15 shown on Amazon looks like a clone of the Radioddity GM-30/TIDRadio TD-H5/Ruged CMRS2 and Pofung P15UV (which I own and gave to my grandson).

• Where did you get your software?

• Have you been able to get CPS programming software to work in the past, if so, which radio?

• From where did you acquire your programming cable?

are you saying that i can program my rugged gmrs2 with the radioddity gm15 software...i have tried to program it with chirp and no luck..i even tried the radioddity gm30 software...no luck...i reached out to rugged...and they told me their software is proprietary to them only...only to be sent to rt systems to buy the software for $49 for software and cable...crazy prices...thanks for any help

49 minutes ago, WRNQ656 said:

are you saying that i can program my rugged gmrs2 with the radioddity gm15 software...i have tried to program it with chirp and no luck..i even tried the radioddity gm30 software...no luck...i reached out to rugged...and they told me their software is proprietary to them only...only to be sent to rt systems to buy the software for $49 for software and cable...crazy prices...thanks for any help

Nope, not saying that!

I was responding to a request to program the Baofeng GM-15 with Radioddity GM-30 software that seems to work.

I have no experience with Rugged brand radios.

RT has long experience in writing radio software and is well respected by those that use it; but you must pay for quality.

CHIRP is free software but for those radios that work on CHIRP, they require a radio to work with; are you willing to send them one?

I am a bit confused by your post:

First you say you have a rugged gmrs2 radio ("gmr2"?) and then you say you reached out to rugged and they say their software is proprietary to only their radios (true of most CPS software that is available from the manufacturer); so which is it: your radio is or is not from rugged? If not from whom?

UPDATE: After looking at Rugged's website, it appears that RT Systems is the only programming solution for their GMR2 radio.

I ran into this problem just today actually. It seems like this reddit link proposed using the GM-30 software and shared a helpful download link for it. After several virus scans it came back clean. Once installed, I plugged in my radio, rebooted the software a dozen times to fix the resolution issues, and turned my radio off and on again while plugged in still. This "fixed" whatever issue I was having and I managed to successfully program a few repeaters in my local area. A quick check let me ping the only one I'm in range of and it came in clear as a bell.
Average windows user experience really.

Hope this helps out anyone else like me just now having this issue.

33 minutes ago, hakalugi said:

thank you for posting the tip on using the GM-30 profile software. the v1 worked for me.  anyone try the v2 firmware/software?  any benefits to it?

I use version 2.06 on my GM-30. Works great.  I don't know what the diffs are between 1 and 2.06 though. 

Yes.

image.png.ff52e95b382cd224a26a4eee4ab4f853.png

I just got the Baofeng GM-15 Pro software installed and started using it so I don't know a lot yet but so far, so good. I did notice that some of the TX frequencies on the DIY channels are not correct. I haven't tried to contact Baofeng about it yet.

Edit:
Just noticed the one I posted is wrong. 😆

Edited by WRXB215
Added info.

1 hour ago, WRXB215 said:

Yes.

I just got the Baofeng GM-15 Pro software installed and started using it so I don't know a lot yet but so far, so good. I did notice that some of the TX frequencies on the DIY channels are not correct. I haven't tried to contact Baofeng about it yet.

Edit:

Good eye!

11 hours ago, WRXB215 said:

Yes.

Edit:

As I recall that is a problem with version 1 of the CPS software and version 2.06 fixes that.