Jump to content
  • 0

Radioddity software problem


Wrtl923
 Share

Question

I just got the DB25-G today and went to download the software on my computer and it didn't work, I tried a few times and all for it to fail. Come to find out the software isn't compatible with windows 11. Has anyone had this problem with this radio at all and if so how/did you fix it. Apricate the help ahead of time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1

Its not an 'option' per-se,  (IIRC I'm on my Mac so I can't remember exactly) - You have to right-click on the program icon and select that option from the menu - you have to do it for the install program, then again for the program after you install it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I'm not sure how much help this will be, but will CHIRP run on Windows 11? I just got my DB25-G yesterday, and while the Radioddity software worked fine on my Win 10 machine, I much prefer CHIRP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
5 minutes ago, WRQJ683 said:

I'm not sure how much help this will be, but will CHIRP run on Windows 11? I just got my DB25-G yesterday, and while the Radioddity software worked fine on my Win 10 machine, I much prefer CHIRP.

I will try that tonight. its the weirdest thing, I didn't even think this would be a thing. I wonder if there going to try and fix this or just let it go under the rug  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
5 minutes ago, Wrtl923 said:

I will try that tonight. its the weirdest thing, I didn't even think this would be a thing. I wonder if there going to try and fix this or just let it go under the rug  

Oh I'm sure they'll fix it, the question is "when". I have 2 computers that are able to be upgraded to 11, and I have held off for this very reason. I never install a new OS right away, because I have too many programs that may or may not be ready for the new version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 hours ago, OffRoaderX said:

CHRIP is better in every way so hopefully that will work - but curious if you tried to both install the DB25G software and run it "As Administrator" ?

It never gave me the option to run it as administrator, not that I noticed at least. Im going to try CHRIP anyways. See if I can fuck something up doing that haha. Thanks for the suggestion and love the videos! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
17 hours ago, Wrtl923 said:

I just got the DB25-G today and went to download the software on my computer and it didn't work, I tried a few times and all for it to fail. Come to find out the software isn't compatible with windows 11. Has anyone had this problem with this radio at all and if so how/did you fix it. Apricate the help ahead of time.

Unless Win11 made really massive changes, have you tried running in "compatibility mode". That supposedly allowed one to specify a prior OS version for problematic programs. I'm on Win10, but it should be a similar screen.

image.png.bb81cedde88d1f046d74b1be392b2952.png

The "Compatibility mode" check box should activate the drop-down to select OS capability needed.

If the program also has to run as admin, checking that box (and change settings for all users) may take one layer of hassle out of using it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
16 hours ago, OffRoaderX said:

Its not an 'option' per-se,  (IIRC I'm on my Mac so I can't remember exactly) - You have to right-click on the program icon and select that option from the menu - you have to do it for the install program, then again for the program after you install it.

Have you gotten chirp running on your mac? I was trying to get it to work on a win 11 vm through parallels since im on a m1 mac and gave up. Would love to use my mac if pssoble. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 7/15/2022 at 8:47 PM, OffRoaderX said:

Yes, on both my older Intel iMac and my new M1 Silicone iMac. For an M1 you have to do a little tinkering, but it works.

Have you written anything up on how? Or maybe a new youtube video? have a m1 mac and would love to get it working 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines.