Call sign plaque

WRTH574

I don't know about you, but I can't remember my new call sign without looking. The times I thought I remembered it, I butchered it. So, I got a desk plaque that has the call sign and if I mount my mobile in the car, I'll get a smaller one for the car. I suppose I would remember it if I used it daily, but I don't. 

IMG_0853.jpeg

I used a label maker to stick one to my dash adjacent to the mobile handset, and one on the bottom of each of my handheld radios. A few days later I found that I had committed it to memory anyway.

After you've hit a repeater a few times and done a few radio checks you'll commit it to memory, too.

<snicker> The only thing I'd find difficult to remember is the 3 digits of the OP's call... Since I still associate WRTH with "World Radio & TV Handbook" (a collection of broadcasters and frequencies, popular back in the days when there was still significant international shortwave activity -- and reciprocity agreements by some broadcasters: BBC using VOA's California transmitters to cover the US during the times of day that propagation wasn't suited for VOA to hit distant lands).

OTOH: Whisky Romeo Tango Hotel sounds like a four word summary of a bad pickup... a few drinks, some "Romeo", a dance, and end up in a cheap hotel room...

I've used a Dymo LetraTag to create labels that I've placed on the battery packs of the HTs, and on the top of the MXT115 (and on its microphone). Not so much for my memory -- I've had Kilo Alpha Fox 6045 for long enough to remember it, the labels are for the rare family member using a loaner rig (on a good day I even remember my 70s CB call. KRO3607 I believe it was).

My Amateur gear is mostly configured to display that call sign on power-up.

5 hours ago, WRTP691 said:

I just added it to the screen text on my Radio.In the programming software you can modify just about everything displayed on the screen. 

Radio: Wouxun KG-935G

Oh wow!! That's really neat. I know one radio won't do that, but the other must might. I have to see if it does. Cool!!!