A Case of Mistaken Identity

WRMU740

I let my GMRS license expire and came here with a new one.  The problem is that I can log in with my new callsign WRMU740 but as soon as I click over to the Forums section and attempt to log in, it prompts me for my user ID and password, which I provide, and then I'm in the forum with my OLD call sign of WQXP836.    How can I put WQXP836 to bed?   I've tried turning off all auto-fills, clearing the cache, driving a stake through its heart, shooting it with a silver bullet and dumping the coffin into running water;  nothing seems to help.  :)

Can a forum admin step in here?

On 7/30/2022 at 5:41 PM, Sshannon said:

Did you try reporting your post and using the comment field to explain your issue?

I have had good results doing that. Simply being tagged might not attract his attention. 

I only followed the advice to send Rich a message.   This is definitely worth a try; thanks.  Just did it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Sshannon said:

Well, then learn from this post.  Posting here didn’t fix the problem. Messaging Rich did. 

I sent a message almost 2 weeks ago with no reply so I decide to do a forum search which returned this thread.  So when you replied on 7/30 and said:

”Did you try reporting your post and using the comment field to explain your issue?  I have had good results doing that. Simply being tagged might not attract his attention.”

and the OP did that with success, I followed suit by making a post and reporting it.

So how is that not learning from this post?

3 hours ago, StreetMedic03 said:

I sent a message almost 2 weeks ago with no reply so I decide to do a forum search which returned this thread.  So when you replied on 7/30 and said:

”Did you try reporting your post and using the comment field to explain your issue?  I have had good results doing that. Simply being tagged might not attract his attention.”

and the OP did that with success, I followed suit by making a post and reporting it.

So how is that not learning from this post?

Good job!  I didn’t realize you reported it as well. I’m sorry for assuming.