CPS programming issues w/cdm1250 for repeater w/id-o-matic

WRUW570

Question

I have had a GMRS repeater active running 2 Motorola M1225LS radios using an ID-O-MATIC 4 controller and everything was working very good. Unfortunately one of my M1225LS radios failed, so I thought I would use a couple CDM1250's I have that are in excellent condition. I called Dan who builds the ID-O-MATIC controller and he said that the wiring configuration that was setup for the M1225LS radios would be the same for the CDM1250's. So I hooked everything up. Opened up my CPS software, and reprogrammed the CDM1250's to work (what I thought) as a repeater. I am able to key the repeater with my handheld via the RX radio, and the ID-O-Matic keys the TX radio just as it should. The problem IS........ There is no audio passing through the controller through the TX radio. I have tried, and tried to play around with the settings to get it to work with NO LUCK. I am not at all a wizard with the CPS software by no means. (And I'm sure I have things messed up with both TX, and RX radios). Anyone have a working code-plug for the CDM1250 that will work using an ID-O-MATIC controller? I am at my wits end. All help will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

5 answers to this question

Pin8 on the receive radio should be set to "CSQ Detect,"  "Output" and "Low"
reference is here http://mymountain.blogspot.com/2017/08/how-to-program-motorola-m1225-radio-for.html

Side note, I have this set on both radios, so if I ever decide to swap the TX and RX radios they are both good to go.

WuozJ3c.png

Hope this helps.

On 11/11/2022 at 11:07 PM, WRUW570 said:

I have had a GMRS repeater active running 2 Motorola M1225LS radios using an ID-O-MATIC 4 controller and everything was working very good. Unfortunately one of my M1225LS radios failed, so I thought I would use a couple CDM1250's I have that are in excellent condition. I called Dan who builds the ID-O-MATIC controller and he said that the wiring configuration that was setup for the M1225LS radios would be the same for the CDM1250's. So I hooked everything up. Opened up my CPS software, and reprogrammed the CDM1250's to work (what I thought) as a repeater. I am able to key the repeater with my handheld via the RX radio, and the ID-O-Matic keys the TX radio just as it should. The problem IS........ There is no audio passing through the controller through the TX radio. I have tried, and tried to play around with the settings to get it to work with NO LUCK. I am not at all a wizard with the CPS software by no means. (And I'm sure I have things messed up with both TX, and RX radios). Anyone have a working code-plug for the CDM1250 that will work using an ID-O-MATIC controller? I am at my wits end. All help will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

WRUW570, 

I am running two CDM mobiles and the ID-O-Matic 4 in my repeater setup. I have found that occasionally regardless of programming, if the receive radio's volume is turned down, as in if you can't hear yourself talking, it will not pass audio, however I get my transmit audio from pin 11 of the receiver (discriminated audio) instead of pin 5 (flat audio), this may be the difference in my situation as I have never used pin 5 of the receiver to acquire the audio for the transmitter. I have found this on more than one occasion, so that may be something to look at. 

Here are screenshots of the accessory pins and accessory configuration on my setup. Hope this helps.... if you still need it, I can send you the codeplugs.

The Receiver Accessory Config.

1337625729_RxAccConfig.jpg.a671e26960e68c2d73ab079a6e3d7da1.jpg

The Recieve Accessory Pins assignment

6656655_RxAccPinsConfig.jpg.aa5fb19908cb53b18bf87836bc097d86.jpg

***Using Pin 4 and 12 is not required, I use pin 4 as a remote knockdown using MDC-1200 and DTMF and pin 12 as a Repeater Controller reset. ***

The Transmitter Accessory Config

661808801_TxAccConfig.jpg.f6a4171ea47fba1fe4771322d8d8698b.jpg

And the Transmitter Accessory Pins assignment

978125425_TxAccPinsConfig.jpg.2986448d15a77bd63ef3e48200da1a24.jpg

On 12/5/2022 at 12:39 AM, Cactusboy19 said:

Pin8 on the receive radio should be set to "CSQ Detect,"  "Output" and "Low"
reference is here http://mymountain.blogspot.com/2017/08/how-to-program-motorola-m1225-radio-for.html

Side note, I have this set on both radios, so if I ever decide to swap the TX and RX radios they are both good to go.

WuozJ3c.png

Hope this helps.

Do you think is possible Run the software for Motorola mcs2000 on windows-10 laptop to programming the radio?