How to Modify your username?

WRTA803

I just registered to become a member on this forum.  When I registered, I hit the use call sign as display name.  The first sticky I read talked about not using personal information and I thought I should change my display name.  However, I can't find a way to edit that?  Is there a way for doing this besides ignoring this account and registering for a brand new account?

56 minutes ago, WRTA803 said:

I just registered to become a member on this forum.  When I registered, I hit the use call sign as display name.  The first sticky I read talked about not using personal information and I thought I should change my display name.  However, I can't find a way to edit that?  Is there a way for doing this besides ignoring this account and registering for a brand new account?

The best way is via the 'contact us' link at the bottom of the page, as that goes directly to the admin.

That said, your call sign is generally still linked to your profile regardless of your username, even if a little less obvious than if it's your display name on the forum.

36 minutes ago, UncleYoda said:

The "Licenses" section is not visible (to me, logged in or not) on other members' profiles.  If you see it, I guess it's shown only to older long-term members.

No, there are two different levels on the site.  From within the forums, when you click on someone’s profile you don’t see their license.  If you back up to the top level you can see who’s online.  Try clicking on “browse” and then looking at Online Users.

3A34C74D-852B-4D5B-870B-6812B73CEFE6.png

11 hours ago, Sshannon said:

No, there are two different levels on the site.

This...not so much that they're visible within the forum, but from the main page (mygmrs.com), if you look up a call sign, it will show if that callsign has registered on the site, including if their username differs from their callsign

Edited by wayoverthere
fix typos

Many times when someone (usually a new member here) posts a question about accessing a local repeater, I like to look up their callsign to see where they live to research repeater information.

If their screen name is not their callsign and they are not online, is there a way to do this?

6 hours ago, MichaelLAX said:

If their screen name is not their callsign and they are not online, is there a way to do this?

It's not something that has a link, but it can be done via url...the format is:

"https://mygmrs.com/user/username" ...just replace "username" with the user you want to look up, and it will come back with the user page that also displays their callsign.

12 hours ago, MichaelLAX said:

I hope you remembered to feed her at least!?! ?

Was a little slow on the uptake last night...forgot I had a different pic on that side vs the forum ? that one isn't even one of mine, just something I found on the net awhile back and the expression amused me