BTECH 50W GMRS Mobil

delamason

18 minutes ago, delamason said:

Looking at the Shopping area of MY GMRS and saw two types of BTECH GMRS 50W radios shown.

Anyone know of any changes?

BTECH GMRS-50V2 50W GMRS Radio

VS

BTECH GMRS-50X1 50W GMRS Radio

From what I saw in the FCC information, the v2 looks like it may allow adding some additional transmit channels (mostly for when you have multiple repeaters in range on the same frequency).

With the 50x1, the preprogrammed 30 is it. Anything else you add is Rx only (coming from owning one).

13 hours ago, wayoverthere said:

From what I saw in the FCC information, the v2 looks like it may allow adding some additional transmit channels (mostly for when you have multiple repeaters in range on the same frequency).

With the 50x1, the preprogrammed 30 is it. Anything else you add is Rx only (coming from owning one).

Any other issues with the Btech 50x1?  I greatly desire the Wouxun KG-1000G+ but the Btech 50x1 (or 50v2) fits the imposed budget.... ?

2 hours ago, WRPL700 said:

Any other issues with the Btech 50x1?  I greatly desire the Wouxun KG-1000G+ but the Btech 50x1 (or 50v2) fits the imposed budget.... ?

Operation wise, that's the only one that comes to mind. Function...I have maybe 2 hours at most across the time I've owned it, and it's not actually holding 50 watts (or close)...it starts close and drops off, and doesn't stabilize till 25 watts. I'll see if can find a related post on another member's even worse luck with both the 50x1 and it's ham cousin  (uv50x2).

I would save for the wouxun and it's actual dual receivers.

Edit: https://forums.mygmrs.com/topic/5077-btech-gmrs-50x1-50w/?do=findComment&comment=50477&_rid=2738

Edited by wayoverthere

2 hours ago, wayoverthere said:

Operation wise, that's the only one that comes to mind. Function...I have maybe 2 hours at most across the time I've owned it, and it's not actually holding 50 watts (or close)...it starts close and drops off, and doesn't stabilize till 25 watts. I'll see if can find a related post on another member's even worse luck with both the 50x1 and it's ham cousin  (uv50x2).

I would save for the wouxun and it's actual dual receivers.

Edit: https://forums.mygmrs.com/topic/5077-btech-gmrs-50x1-50w/?do=findComment&comment=50477&_rid=2738

Thank you for the info and link.  I think I will try to wait for the Wouxun.

The GMRS-50X1 is being discontinued by BTECH in favor of the GMRS-50V2 which succeeds it. The new "V2" lineup of BTECH radios has additional features like the multiple repeater channel ability mentioned above that the original series lack.

We just sold out of our remaining GMRS-50X1 stock, so we will only carry the GMRS-50V2 from now on.

2 hours ago, rdunajewski said:

The GMRS-50X1 is being discontinued by BTECH in favor of the GMRS-50V2 which succeeds it. The new "V2" lineup of BTECH radios has additional features like the multiple repeater channel ability mentioned above that the original series lack.

We just sold out of our remaining GMRS-50X1 stock, so we will only carry the GMRS-50V2 from now on.

Do you actually have them in stock?  BTECH does not have them on their website.... that I can find anyway.