Baofen uv82

Guest alex911

Guest alex911

I program my two Baofeng UV82 to the Sebring FL  repeater and I can tx and rx to whoever read me with no problem, but I can not make my two Baofeng to talk to each other via the sebring repeater. anybody has an idea why?  itis because I am to close??thanks

If your two radios are close to each other when you're transmitting on one, the other may be de-sensing, which is what happens when a nearby transmission overwhelms a receiver.

Give one of your radios to a friend and have him go across the street and then see if he hears you through the repeater.

• 1 year later...

Baofeng UV82 dual band FM transceiver I can hear on GMRS "example GMRS 7-8" however when I try to respond no one appears can hear my transmission? I hear all the NOAA weather stations, also a few repeaters set. Anyone know why and how to fix to enable communications, can post the settings at current on radios. Having same issue with my Radioditty DB20-G, sense I'm missing a step in setup? 

The UV-82 is a ham radio, so it will not transmit on GMRS frequencies.. To fix this, buy a GMRS radio OR buy a radio that can be 'unlocked' to transmit outside of the intended frequency range.

The DB20G is a GMRS mobile radio and per the FCCs rules, only hand-held GMRS radios my transmit on channels 8-14, however the DB20G should transmit on channel 7, so you may want to re-check that one.

So OffRaoader X your saying I can't transmit on the UV-82 via GMRS frequencies, although capable to hear transmissions? On the DB20G will I need to reprogram or out of the box should transmit on all GMRS channels, including channel 7. I'm so confused, lastly what radios if any would you recommend as I have my GMRS license and want to talk back and forth on GMRS and FRS. 

If you have the right programing for your uv82 and people don't respond to your transmission, there are a few common reasons to troubleshoot:

1. They may be intentionally ignoring you
  2. They could be using CTSS or DCS codes and don't hear you
  3. Your signal is weak and they don't hear you
  4. Their reception is weak and they don't hear you

Can you communicate between the uv82 and the db20g? 

(you already know you are in violation of FCC rules for using the amateur radio on GMRS, a lot of people do it anyway)

1 hour ago, koni13 said:

So OffRaoader X your saying I can't transmit on the UV-82 via GMRS frequencies, although capable to hear transmissions? On the DB20G will I need to reprogram or out of the box should transmit on all GMRS channels, including channel 7. I'm so confused, lastly what radios if any would you recommend as I have my GMRS license and want to talk back and forth on GMRS and FRS. 

If your UV-82 is locked, which it sounds like it is, it will not transmit on GMRS frequencies (or any non-H.A.M. frequencies), and yes, it can still receive and listen to those frequenices.  If your UV-82 is not locked, then it will also transmit on GMRS and other non-H.A.M. frequencies.

The DB20G is a mobile GMRS radio so of the box it will transmit on all of the standard GMRS channels EXCEPT for channels 8-14, so because channel 7 is not between 8 and 14, it should also transmit on channel 7. If it does not, then you are either doing it wrong, you screwed up the programming, or its defective - and i doubt it is defective.

ANY hand-held GMRS radio will talk back and forth with FRS radios.  Any mobile GMRS radio will talk back and forth with FRS radios on channels 1-7 and channels 15-22 .