Crazy burst of GMRS development

Blaise

4 hours ago, WRUU653 said:

image.png.4e0780b777ca63d192b60ec83f3364c3.png
you gotta use one of those aluminum hard hats for ground plane? but back to this fine antenna hat and more importantly how did it go over with the chicks ?

Echo cares about the ground plane when the chick score is high ?

19 hours ago, Lscott said:

Well this got a lot of comments from people and photos taken at the Hamvention last May. The match was about 1.1:1 or so at our group frequency of 448.5MHz. It’s a 1/4 wave design. Ran DMR at 1 watt so the average power was about 0.5 watts.

IMG_3974.jpeg

I went to a local hamfest a few weeks ago and a few of us radio users that have never met decided to meet up. One of the guys said to find me, just "look for the odd ball, it will be me" but wouldn't say what to look for. He had a hat with a antenna kinda like yours, we found him.

Okay.. getting back to the chicks.. I guess I need to get me a leather radio holster...or maybe two!

I just got started with GMRS (and the speculation about SHTF is spot on as to why I got started) so I only have two Boofwangs so far.  I'll probably add a couple more here soon enough (the dreaded UV-5R for sure.)  We'll see what happens after that.  I suppose it's going to depend on how closely my wife is paying attention.

31 minutes ago, nokones said:

Well let's see, I only own one CCSD and that's it, no more, and no way in hell will I buy another CCR. With that being said, I do own 28 (23-Portable Handhelds and 5 Mobiles) non-CCSDs.

Which radios and models? I'm mainly a Kenwood guy myself.

1 hour ago, Lscott said:

Which radios and models? I'm mainly a Kenwood guy myself.

1-Visar, 1-HT1000, 2-MT2000 (A7s), 2-MT2000 (A4s), 1-MTS2000 (A4), 3-Astro Sabers (1 each Type, 1, 2, and 3), 3-XTS1500 (Type 1s), 1-XTS2500 (Type 1), 3-XTS3000 (Type 2s), 6-XTS5000 (Type 2s), 2-XTL5000 (Remotes), 1-XTL5000 (Dash Mount), 1-Midland MXT500 (New Firmware 128 Channel version), 1-Wouxun KG1000G +, and I just acquired a Kenwood TK880K last weekend.  All UHFs with some radios with the "Q", "R", and "S" Band Ranges

If you want to count CBs, I have 1-Radio Shack Realistic TRC-24 24 Channel Radio, Yes 24 selectable and usable channels, 1-Cobra 19DX III, 1-Cobra 19DX IV, and 1-Cobra 29 LTD Classic AM/FM Nightwatch.

1 hour ago, nokones said:

1-Visar, 1-HT1000, 2-MT2000 (A7s), 2-MT2000 (A4s), 1-MTS2000 (A4), 3-Astro Sabers (1 each Type, 1, 2, and 3), 3-XTS1500 (Type 1s), 1-XTS2500 (Type 1), 3-XTS3000 (Type 2s), 6-XTS5000 (Type 2s), 2-XTL5000 (Remotes), 1-XTL5000 (Dash Mount), 1-Midland MXT500 (New Firmware 128 Channel version), 1-Wouxun KG1000G +, and I just acquired a Kenwood TK880K last weekend.  All UHFs with some radios with the "Q", "R", and "S" Band Ranges

If you want to count CBs, I have 1-Radio Shack Realistic TRC-24 24 Channel Radio, Yes 24 selectable and usable channels, 1-Cobra 19DX III, 1-Cobra 19DX IV, and 1-Cobra 29 LTD Classic AM/FM Nightwatch.

That's cool. Looks like you're primarily a Motorola guy. I have a few XPR-6550's and XPR-6580 (CPS hacked to put it on 33cm band). You check my album out you can see my collection.

Okay.. getting back to the chicks.. I guess I need to get me a leather radio holster...or maybe two!
I just got started with GMRS (and the speculation about SHTF is spot on as to why I got started) so I only have two Boofwangs so far.  I'll probably add a couple more here soon enough (the dreaded UV-5R for sure.)  We'll see what happens after that.  I suppose it's going to depend on how closely my wife is paying attention.

You’re gonna want to have the full kit if you’re new.

The speaker mic, when properly worn, add the image of a battle hardened GMRS warrior. For maximum effect, wear it over your shoulder from the rear.

A tactical type folding antenna will also convey general badassery.

Never never visit your local shopping mall without a folding knife, sheath worn only, on the opposite side you carry your holster worn HT. Basketweave sheath will send a stronger message.

Finally, none of this works without tactical clothing. 5.11 pants generally work, but buy them big so the butt is saggy.

The summer alternative is cargo shorts, worn with Crocs and socks.

Now you’re ready. Have condoms ready.

5 hours ago, BoxCar said:

Pink antennas always work as chick magnets (and longer is better).

You just might have something there

I just checked over at Signal Stuff, & they're out-of-stock on the 19" pink dual-band in BNC

They must have had a run on those for some reason......

Do the Abree 42" tactical antennas come in pink? If not, can you spray paint them?