help with connecting and receiving transmission from repeater

WRXJ907

1 hour ago, WRXJ907 said:

hey are notarubicon youtuber? if you are i am a subscriber and huge fan you. 

That guy is a clown..and a shill for all the cheap Chinese radio companies that tell him what to say, and he doesn't know what he's talking about because he doesn't have a H.A.M. license.. I know all this because he lives rent-free in so many people's heads here at MyGMRS that keep watching and then complaining about his videos even though they hate him so much... So all that stuff must be true.

2 hours ago, OffRoaderX said:

That guy is a clown..and a shill for all the cheap Chinese radio companies that tell him what to say, and he doesn't know what he's talking about because he doesn't have a H.A.M. license.. I know all this because he lives rent-free in so many people's heads here at MyGMRS that keep watching and then complaining about his videos even though they hate him so much... So all that stuff must be true.

I wouldn't say he is a clown but, he is funny and I enjoy his humor.  "Some People" may think otherwise especially, the "Sad Hams" but, that is the nature and mind sets of some of the HAMs that have to bitch and moan about non-HAMs. 

I think he has to be a "Kool Guy" because he is using radios to my liking in his off-road toys. I just hope that he doesn't change the Tones on his "Ranchino" repeater again until after this weekend while the National Porsche Club is on their driving tours throughout the Area. I don't have my programming stuff with me for my XTL and XTS 5000 radios.

What I like to know is, all the radios he has in the background in his videos, are they props or real radios given by the various providers? If they are real radios, how did he get the displays and lights to flash on and off that you see throughout the videos?

3 hours ago, WRXJ907 said:

i could hit a repeater locally, but unable to hear my radio transmission. i have a baofeng uv9r/ gmrs 9r and uvs22 pro radio. the repeater is auberry 575

462.575 MHz
Frequency
91.5 Hz
Input Tone
91.5 Hz
Output Tone

what am i doing wrong?

Hopefully, your radios are programmed with 467.575 MHz as your transmit frequency and 462.575 MHz as your receive frequency with at least 91.5 Hz encoding to the Repeater. As the other people, not "Some People", have stated, more than likely your transmitting radio is desensing the receiver on the receiving radio because of being very close together. The selectivity/sensitivity, of the cheaper radios, is not the greatest and will require a lot of separation (probably "some farz") between the two radio units

6 hours ago, WRXJ907 said:

hey are notarubicon youtuber? if you are i am a subscriber and huge fan you. 

Be careful with that NotaRubicon guy. He lures you in by telling you that you're his favorite viewer in several videos. The rumor I've heard from "some people" is that you have to bribe him with the newest, hottest Boofwang to really become his favorite viewer. 

Like others have said in this thread, try moving the radios farther apart and see if that solves your problem. Are you getting any kind of response from others on the repeater or any other confirmation that you're actively hitting it?

On 6/20/2023 at 3:38 PM, OffRoaderX said:

Wow, that is the most truthful, accurate, and spot on post I have seen from you. 

Don't really care about the ham license thing,,, well that and I watched about 2 minutes of one video and dismissed the guy, so not really living rent free in my head.  But others,,, yeah, I can see that. 

Oh, and he seems to actually favor those cheap import radios.... what's up with that?