Hello from Arizona!

WRXR374

7 hours ago, WRUU653 said:

Welcome to mygmrs. I always loved the origin of the towns name Show Low. 😀

5 hours ago, Sshannon said:

Welcome!  Now I have to look into the name “Show Low”.

... what they said ...

😃

WELCOME !!!

I'm just over in San Tan Valley. Shaw Butte 725 and both of the Towers Mountain repeaters seem to be pretty active. I'm able to listen to all 3 of those, but can't seem to reach out to them on my HT. I'm also thinking about looking into joining SWCRS and jumping on Pinal 675. Being that one is near Globe, I may not be able to reach that one without putting an antenna on the roof, which my HOA will throw a temper tantrum about.

5 hours ago, nokones said:

Towers 600, Shaw Butte, and Pinal are linked SWCRS repeaters

I have the "local Phoenix only" tone set for Shaw, and haven't been able to get a response from either of the Towers repeaters. I'm pretty sure that all comes down to my HT with the NA-771G antenna. I have been meaning to get up on the San Tan mountains, which are relatively close to see if I can reach out, but now that temperatures are getting crazy, it looks like I'll be waiting til this fall unless I can come up with an antenna solution that won't get the HOA or my wife griping.

1 hour ago, jsneezy said:

I have the "local Phoenix only" tone set for Shaw, and haven't been able to get a response from either of the Towers repeaters. I'm pretty sure that all comes down to my HT with the NA-771G antenna. I have been meaning to get up on the San Tan mountains, which are relatively close to see if I can reach out, but now that temperatures are getting crazy, it looks like I'll be waiting til this fall unless I can come up with an antenna solution that won't get the HOA or my wife griping.

I'm in the same antenna boat... have the NA-771G and it just doesn't do the trick inside.  I'm looking into 1) trying to get an OK from the HOA for an antenna; or 2) get an antenna up in the attic.  Both Antenna Medix and Mr. Antenna have indicated they can do this.  I'm trying to learn enough to sharpen my BS detector.