Baofeng "GMRS UV-5R"

WRXB215

5 minutes ago, BoxCar said:

Not approved for use in BOTH services. The Type Certification would be for GMRS with an additional statement it meets Part 15 requirements which is needed for Amateur use. Putting the radio onto Amateur frequencies negates the GMRS certification as stated in the regs.

I can always return it to GMRS specifications.

3 hours ago, BoxCar said:

Not approved for use in BOTH services. The Type Certification would be for GMRS with an additional statement it meets Part 15 requirements which is needed for Amateur use. Putting the radio onto Amateur frequencies negates the GMRS certification as stated in the regs.

3 hours ago, pcradio said:

I can always return it to GMRS specifications.

... here we go again ?!?

😵‍💫

57 minutes ago, WRUU653 said:

🤣🤣🤣 can we argue about the Roger Randy Beep (fixed it) next pleeeeease. 😂 Thanks guys I needed a good laugh. 

I want to talk on CB about the Randy Beep on my MURS radio that will be cross repeated through a ham mobile that can reach the local GMRS repeater ...

47 minutes ago, WRXD372 said:

I want to talk on CB about the Randy Beep on my MURS radio that will be cross repeated through a ham mobile that can reach the local GMRS repeater ...

…that can reach the local GMRS repeater that’s linked to the Zillow network 😂

7 minutes ago, WRUU653 said:

…that can reach the local GMRS repeater that’s linked to the Zillow network 😂

Follow-Up Question:

In order to ID, can I use my CB handle ?!?

5 hours ago, BoxCar said:

I don't know why some people just think the regulations don't apply to them. Even unlocking the radio to operate outside its certified parameters violates the regulation.

The UV-5R and the UV-5R are the same radio. Do you have a brain? Hello! Hello in there!

Scenario:
Deep in the hundred acre wood, Christopher Robin reaches for his trusty radio to call Piglet and confirm that Eeyore is doing okay. "Why do you have two identical radios?", asks Pooh Bear who was standing nearby eating some honey.

"Well, Pooh while it is true that both radios are technically identical, they have been configured differently to ensure I do the right thing on HAM and GMRS frequencies."

"Couldn't you configure one radio yourself to be in compliance with both services?", asks Pooh bear innocently.

"Yes, but then I would be thinking. I'm not allowed to think", scolds Christopher Robin while taking the honey pot from Pooh and smashing it over his head. "And I believe you've had enough honey too!"

4 hours ago, pcradio said:

The UV-5R and the UV-5R are the same radio. Do you have a brain? Hello! Hello in there!

Scenario:
Deep in the hundred acre wood, Christopher Robin reaches for his trusty radio to call Piglet and confirm that Eeyore is doing okay. "Why do you have two identical radios?", asks Pooh Bear who was standing nearby eating some honey.

"Well, Pooh while it is true that both radios are technically identical, they have been configured differently to ensure I do the right thing on HAM and GMRS frequencies."

"Couldn't you configure one radio yourself to be in compliance with both services?", asks Pooh bear innocently.

"Yes, but then I would be thinking. I'm not allowed to think", scolds Christopher Robin while taking the honey pot from Pooh and smashing it over his head. "And I believe you've had enough honey too!"

I’m not sure why you think talking down to someone who obviously understands the regulations better than you is called for. It’s not. 
When radios are certified it’s done as configured from the factory. The configuration in firmware is sometimes adjusted to ensure conformance. Even though the same hardware is used, firmware (and configurations of it) can make a significant difference.