Setting Up A Repeater For The First Time

WRYF792

1 hour ago, wayoverthere said:

it might be the "fun" button that selects the mode, once you're in that menu.

From there, all you REALLY need to do is dial up the correct repeater channel (the base 30 should be there in gmrs mode) and enter the transmit tone. The instructions @WRXE944 linked has how to set the tone on page 14.

The “FUN” button does not work for this. I can’t get anything to happen once I’m in the mode selecting for GMRS. I can’t find anything online either 

40 minutes ago, WRYF792 said:

The “FUN” button does not work for this. I can’t get anything to happen once I’m in the mode selecting for GMRS. I can’t find anything online either 

Took some looking, but I found this in an older thread...looks like you switch it to the range you want, turn if off, then turn back on normally.

It does also look like (at least in some firmware) that the tones may be locked out in the menu in gmrs mode

https://forums.mygmrs.com/topic/2307-anytone-at-779uv-gmrs-mobile-radio/?do=findComment&comment=25937&_rid=2738

45 minutes ago, wayoverthere said:

Took some looking, but I found this in an older thread...looks like you switch it to the range you want, turn if off, then turn back on normally.

It does also look like (at least in some firmware) that the tones may be locked out in the menu in gmrs mode

https://forums.mygmrs.com/topic/2307-anytone-at-779uv-gmrs-mobile-radio/?do=findComment&comment=25937&_rid=2738

I will check that firmware update out tonight. Hopefully it's some help! Thank you!

7 hours ago, WRXE944 said:

Turn Off

Hold V/M down and turn On

what version (V.2.xx) firmware do you have?

I don't remember. I will report back tonight when I mess with it a little more, I just didn't have time to check anything last night sadly.

16 hours ago, WRXE944 said:

Turn Off

Hold V/M down and turn On

what version (V.2.xx) firmware do you have?

It is Version 2.30 - I just attempted the update from this post and I am now able to transmit on GMRS frequencies! I should note that at first it did not work, but then I turned the radio off, changed the mode in the V/M menu and now it works fine as far as I can tell! Now to figure out this repeater programming!

Edited by WRYF792
I'm an idiot and I didn't restart my radio before trying to resolve my error.

21 minutes ago, WRXE944 said:

Somewhere I posted how to program a channel manually. I am on a driving trip to Montana. 

v2.30 is good for now  

@wayoverthere - please link him to my instructions that I posted recently in a thread you were also a part of

That was earlier in this thread 😝 around the middle of page 1, and there's a link in the last post on page 1, but here is the post again: