FCC Enforcement

gortex2

4 hours ago, 123 said:

From the FCC:

Enforcement Fines: The Collection Process | Federal Communications Commission (fcc.gov)

More clarification on how current enforcement works in this article. 

Legislation introduced to strengthen FCC enforcement | TransNexus

A current summary of the process: FCC fines you, you don't pay, FCC sends the case to DOJ for POSSIBLE Civil court litigation, if DOJ refuses to take court action, the case is sent to US Treasury Offset program (TOP) where there is a federal withholding (such as IRS refund interception) to pay your debt, if no collection is successful by US Treasury, US Treasury sends it to private collections.

All are still civil, if your case happens to get to the federal civil court level by DOJ (less likely not), you have had plenty of time to move assets to a trust before service of process and the final judgment still has no teeth. But sure, go pay that federal lawyer a $10,000+ retainer (not your local court lawyer) to educate you on your rights and how to defend yourself from civil action.

What if, and this is strictly hypothetical mind you... you were just to follow the rules? No enforcement letter needed. 😀image.jpeg.8afb32e30f4f96dd5953456d0a052b22.jpeg

You are foolish to believe that you never, ever have broken a FCC rule or reg. in your lifetime. It is easy to overlook a rule here and there. A violation is still a violation. How many of you "forgot" to press that monitor button to listen for other transmitting stations on that shared frequency :) before you started talking? Oh gee, by definition, that is technically harmful interference of another licensed station. Hum. Interesting. 

Oh and don't forget proper station operation also includes that all your hardware is within spec as well. Let's check all these China imported garbage radios, connectors, coax and antennas and see how many of you pass an engineers inspection.

Oh please. You guys are comical or just plain naive. 

31 minutes ago, 123 said:

You are foolish to believe that you never, ever have broken a FCC rule or reg. in your lifetime. It is easy to overlook a rule here and there. A violation is still a violation. How many of you "forgot" to press that monitor button to listen for other transmitting stations on that shared frequency :) before you started talking? Oh gee, by definition, that is technically harmful interference of another licensed station. Hum. Interesting. 

Oh and don't forget proper station operation also includes that all your hardware is within spec as well. Let's check all these China imported garbage radios, connectors, coax and antennas and see how many of you pass an engineers inspection.

The best infractions are intentional infractions?

9 hours ago, 123 said:

You are foolish to believe that you never, ever have broken a FCC rule or reg. in your lifetime. It is easy to overlook a rule here and there. A violation is still a violation.

It also could be said it is foolish to state what others believe or don't. Sure a vilolation is still a violation but going two miles over the speeding limit probably won't get the same attention as going a hundred over and nor should it. 

9 hours ago, 123 said:

You guys are comical or just plain naive. 

Comical of course. I thought that was clear

image.jpeg.13334da84411a9ebde58ea3ef3cf753c.jpeg

10 hours ago, 123 said:

Sometimes it’s just really easy to determine which whacko to put on the ignore list.  😁

52 minutes ago, 123 said:

I will tell you what is rubbish is you signing with a amateur call sign on a GMRS forum. LOL

Given that a significant amount of people on GMRS and in the form are also amateur radio operators and there is an amateur radio section of the form, I would say it's quite relevant. Steve's signature definitely brings more value than a single post you have made so far.

How about bringing some value to the conversation, instead of insults.

5 minutes ago, marcspaz said:

Given that a significant amount of people on GMRS and in the form are also amateur radio operators and there is an amateur radio section of the form, I would say it's quite relevant. Steve's signature definitely brings more value than a single post you have made so far.

How about bringing some value to the conversation, instead of insults.

You mean one can be licensed in multiple categories by the FCC and carry multiple call signs? /scarcasm

It is only relevant in your own mind, and still does not justify signing a amateur call sign in a GMRS focused section. Apples and Oranges. Who cares, as if I don't have many other calls signs. 

My previous posts were relevant how to defend yourself against FCC civil action and how easy it is for any one of you to get the next letter as the old FCC did do random "get anyone"  enforcements. 

Far as "insults" Go back and read who started the random school boy cut downs calling people a whacko. 

But yes in your mind that is justified shows your ethical standard as null

2 hours ago, 123 said:

I will tell you what is rubbish is you signing with a amateur call sign on a GMRS forum. LOL

Said the guy that identifies as "123"...

I wouldn't say so far you have a knack for reading the room. Lots of very helpful Hams here and Steve is one of the most active and helpful. I have yet to see anything at all helpful come from you. 

15 minutes ago, 123 said:

Far as "insults" Go back and read who started the random school boy cut downs calling people a whacko

you came here telling people not to pay taxes, called them foolish, comical and naive. All this before the whacko comment. So yeah go back and look further to see where it started.  If the shoe fits. Now you're telling @marcspaz what's relivant...  well I'd say you might want to try turning things around but I think the ten count has begun and the bell is about to ring. Good luck I hope you work it out. 

Steve got so seriously butt hurt, maybe I should send him a internet ham DX contact card to make him feel better. 

By all means guys, continue the conversation about the paperweight letter. I'll stay clear as I watch you guys scrub each other's backs on the subject.